Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

mesh or textile?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mesh or textile?

ORIGINAL: NeverL8

textile is probably the better of the 2. if you were in cali i would say go with the mesh. i personally got 1 of each and also leathers. but i wear which ever depending on my ride for that day. but any of them is way better than justa sweatshirt. ride safe.
Cant beat leather! lol I agree with you on the rest.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have never been down have you??

You can not beat leather period. Not you dont have to have 1pc race leathers. But I highly recommend a leather jacket over the others. It will not only save your @ss it will be able to be worn another day. mesh n textile are trash after they go down. Reseach it if you dont believee me or others. A good pair of gloves and a decent riding boot. Work boots are better than a pair of squidly tennis shoes, but wont protect your ankle like a boot made for riding. On pants, now this is where I say it depends on your riding. If you dont hit the twisties or act a fool running 160mph down the road, you can get by with the so-called riding jeans. Although the ones I seen that had been down were torn to crap afterwards and the rider still got rashed.

And as for as the to the store for gum comment. Thats when most crashes happen. When you think your in your safe zone (doesnt exsist) On a motorcycle one can be that next headline/statistic, and thinking ahh gear is a bunch of BS will only get you there quickier. Jeans last 8' on aspault if that.

But Its your skin. Dont have to spend $2k on gear, but whats your skin and body worth to you???

peace!!
Wrong!

I just trust my skills, awareness enough to drive one or two miles in town, like to say grab a pack of cigs, without having to suit up.

I have had broken bones, road rash, and sawed a cast off my arm early after I wrecked my old ZX-6 and had to try my near new FZR with the
insurance money.

70+...pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

Lots of blood...hurt a bit...not much though.

Some people can just get by riding a mile or two, at say 30mph, without having to do a Matt Mladin invitation.

For serioius, ton plus, or track day stuff...I'm all AGATT.

You have been informed.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

You can not beat leather period. Not you dont have to have 1pc race leathers. But I highly recommend a leather jacket over the others. It will not only save your @ss it will be able to be worn another day. mesh n textile are trash after they go down. Reseach it if you dont believee me or others. A good pair of gloves and a decent riding boot. Work boots are better than a pair of squidly tennis shoes, but wont protect your ankle like a boot made for riding. On pants, now this is where I say it depends on your riding. If you dont hit the twisties or act a fool running 160mph down the road, you can get by with the so-called riding jeans. Although the ones I seen that had been down were torn to crap afterwards and the rider still got rashed.

And as for as the to the store for gum comment. Thats when most crashes happen. When you think your in your safe zone (doesnt exsist) On a motorcycle one can be that next headline/statistic, and thinking ahh gear is a bunch of BS will only get you there quickier. Jeans last 8' on aspault if that.

But Its your skin. Dont have to spend $2k on gear, but whats your skin and body worth to you???

peace!!
Wrong!

I just trust my skills, awareness enough to drive one or two miles in town, like to say grab a pack of cigs, without having to suit up.

I have had broken bones, road rash, and sawed a cast off my arm early after I wrecked my old ZX-6 and had to try my near new FZR with the
insurance money.

Some people can just get by riding a mile or two, at say 30mph, without having to do a Matt Mladin imitation

You have been informed.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:38 PM

peace!!
Wrong!

insurance money.

Some people can just get by riding a mile or two, at say 30mph, without having to do a Matt Mladin imitation.

You have been informed.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 AM

peace!!
Wrong!

insurance money.

Some people can just get by riding a mile or two, at say 30mph, without having to do a Matt Mladin imitation.

You have been informed.
You trust your skills on that short trip my friend. My bike leaves the yard I will have at the least jacket/gloves n over the ankle boots on. Its not my skills I doubt its the dumb cager lookin for a cd while talking on thier cell that does see you, or worse that cager tat thinks your a nat to society n think your are in their way n just merges into you. And we wont speak of what mother nature throughs at us. You can wear what ya want, I just dont think you nor I should force our views on others. We both have our points. Lets all just present fact on topics like this n let the OP make the decision.

peace

Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 AM

I got my bike and I have the same case. All I have is my new helmet. I am trying to buy a nice jacket too. As I understand, people here say leather is stronger than textile or mesh. My other question is... I will be riding this bike in winter too. I am from North Carolina. What kind of jacket and clothing do you recommend? I want it to keep me warm in winter too.

Thank you!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: QuickNDeadly

I got my bike and I have the same case. All I have is my new helmet. I am trying to buy a nice jacket too. As I understand, people here say leather is stronger than textile or mesh. My other question is... I will be riding this bike in winter too. I am from North Carolina. What kind of jacket and clothing do you recommend? I want it to keep me warm in winter too.

Thank you!
check out http://newenough.com They have all the major brands n styles at great prices. Winter gear depends on how cold you gonna ride in lol