Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

O'Neal Racing Tirade Bluetooth Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O'Neal Racing Tirade Bluetooth Helmet

I know I had inquired about bluetooth helmets before my purchase and I see that others have as well...

I recently bought one for my boyfriend and asked him to comment on it:

Excellent ventilation
Comfortable
Fit thought to be similar to that of an HJC
It wasn't a cool evening, but the visor was closed as my boyfriend was stopped and it did not fog

The instructions could have been clearer especially for pairing the helmet to his iphone. All operations are done through 1 button. The helmet needs to be off when you hold the button in to pair them.

You can listen to any music or music/radio application as you would with your iphone. The speakers get plenty loud for music and they can be heard clearly even at speeds of 80mph or so. However, there isn't much bass to them. My boyfriend had not taken a call while riding, but he said the volume wasn't as loud on calls (while he was playing with it at the house) as it was for the music. He looked in the padding and he said the speakers plug in, that they aren't wired so he is considering replacing them with a set that has more bass.

Overall, I think he is very pleased. And I am pleased that I could buy him something more enjoyable to wear.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how heavy is it? is it HJC heavy?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah.. I wouldn't consider it light by any means. He didn't mention it feeling heavy so I'm sure the weight is balanced well.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to reconsider changing the speakers for ones with more bass. The amount of energy required to move sufficient volumes of air in order to give a rich bass, may exceed the amplifiers abilities, and/or drain the batteries much quicker than is practical.