Idea for Oil Spinner Delete/Oil Filter Mod???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Idea for Oil Spinner Delete/Oil Filter Mod???

Hey guys. Im fairly new to the forum. For my Honda Grom, there's a number of mods to delete the Oil Spinner and integrate a "real oil filter" such as the Kitaco Clutch Cover or Dry Clutch Conversion. Both of those sets of parts are pricey but unavailable for the CBR125.

I found an Electric Oil Pump sourced from a miniature turbocharger company called Ecotrons. They have an Oill Cooler designed for it as well.

SO, what I'm thinking is that I can Delete the oil spinner and tap fittings into the case for oil in/out fittings and run the electric pump through an in-line filter then through the oil cooler and back into the case. I'm planning to swap a CBR into my Grom and vice-versa so that I have a faster bike and a learner bike for kids in the family, and the numbers say it's going to rev a lot more freely in the Grom chassis. I figure, why stop there? I think if I mount the oil cooler in the right spot I can almost double my oil capacity and get a legit Honda oil filter in-line without taxxing the stock pump.

Any thoughts? Has it been done? Obviously I'd need a nut or something to put where the oil spinner was but that's a minor detail to get rid of 5 or so lbs of unsprung weight and get the clutch debris out of my engine oil. It might reduce clutch fade while riding in the hills/racing?

...I COULD EVEN TURBO IT!

Last edited by TheDubar; 02-06-2018 at 09:07 AM. Reason: thought of something to add in closing