Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Zero Dollar Bill

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Zero Dollar Bill

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I just remembered something weird when I was looking at the -1 dollar bill. I was thinking, oh they just scanned it and added the '-'. Well, back to the point, when we bought our new copier at work, a $10K Konica Minolta, the salesman was here on delivery and was telling us that he has been told that its such a high quality printer that if you attempt to copy any US bill, it will lock the machine down and have to be unlocked by a technician. None of us were willing to test it out, lol. Just thought it was a little pop-trivia for ya!
Total bs. I woulda tested it out.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

I just remembered something weird when I was looking at the -1 dollar bill. I was thinking, oh they just scanned it and added the '-'. Well, back to the point, when we bought our new copier at work, a $10K Konica Minolta, the salesman was here on delivery and was telling us that he has been told that its such a high quality printer that if you attempt to copy any US bill, it will lock the machine down and have to be unlocked by a technician. None of us were willing to test it out, lol. Just thought it was a little pop-trivia for ya!
+1 I call BS on that Tech. Shoulda tried it while he was standing right there.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:19 PM

enough of this eco crap.
dolla dolla dollar bill ya'll

Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DFour

Not a tech, a salesman. I didn't really buy it either, but yeah.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Lots of lucid, erudite observations...
It's strange...when you tell me I deserve to be poor...somehow, I already know. It's as though the choice was not up to me. My indeterminate path seems predetermined, if you follow me. And though I don't qualify as an emphatic debtor--or 'wisher' ne plus ultra--still there was a time when it was true, of course.

As for now, well...you could probably imagine...

if you are below it, there is no hope

Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: DFour

Not a tech, a salesman. I didn't really buy it either, but yeah.
Bunch of conspiracy skeptics [8D] ... I doubt it has any kind of lock (esp. on $10k copiers) but he wasn't completely blowing smoke up your ***. I've been in print/copy business over 20 years and we run 6 digital presses, 18 copiers and various large format devices, etc... During all those years we've gone through many many brands and models of copiers/digital printers; 2 of our copiers are the $500k+ digital xerox docutech. Back when we bought their 1st model the bills still didn't have all the security measures they have now and they made such deadly accurate copies (resolution, lpi/dpi, as well as color and clarity accuracy) that they where forced (by unnamed gov't agencies) to go back and slightly decrease the accuracy (especially in the green color range) before they could make it available for sale. It may be just a sales tactic but I've heard this from numerous sources and having worked with the copier for 8 years I don't have any problem believing it since the quality is incomparable AFA copiers go.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm disappointed that a Moderator started this thread (being we have detailed rules about political threads) Not to mention the problems we had a few weeks ago with some political threads getting out of control (and where this one is headed). And yes, Bush-bashing (no matter how immature or childish it may be) is still considered political.

I vote to delete this thread, or am I being too much of a forum boy scout?
Hope IM not being to political when I say WAAAAAAAAAAA..... and I think it would be a Eagle scout with that ANALTISITY...LOL

Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ Nope. It WOULD have been if you would have put " Someone better call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance." But you didn't, so it's cool.

As for the whole political-thread-boyscout-analtisity thing, I'd rather not see political filth enter this forum. Why? Because everyone on here has a sort of ePersonality. If you read around here long enough, each person, even though they're just words in a post, has a certain personality you can pick up on. And when you start finding out other people's political views (especially when you consider it bashing your own), your opinion of them changes, sometimes for the worse. I'd rather not know anyone else's political views because political threads usually end up bringing out the worst in people..........me included.