Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Zero Dollar Bill

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Zero Dollar Bill

edit:

Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

The problem for many is under the Bush II administration is that the old saying that 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer' is true and actually accellerating. The middle is getting squeezed. If you are in the middle, you have to fight to get on the right side of the curve, if you are below it, there is no hope. If you were lucky enough to have invested internationally when Bush came into office, you would have been fine, if you only had domestic assets then you may not be. The falling dollar has been great for me, but I understand how it has hurt many people, however I also understand that many of these same people are too stupid to know how to help themselves (Enormous SUVS and trucks) Buying Homes as 'investments', using leverage in the form of mortgages on these investment homes, buying a new motorcycle when a 5 year old bike would suffice. To all of you that believe that living in debt is a certainty, you are wrong and you deserve to be poor.

Americans need to understand how to not consume so much stuff. The shrinking middle class will not sacrifice, they won't even skip buying a XBOX360 even though the old XBOX is fine, hell skip all that bull**** and play basketball or monopoly. They won't buy a small car, for some reason they need a Expedition, they won't buy a small house, they drink expensive Vodka, they smoke cigarettesWhile I understand how/why many people are hurting today financially, I KNOW that many people asked for it and deserve to be getting poorer.

Go ahead, let the hating begin.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 AM

I agree with fishfryer. [Now lets bring religion into this political thread] As a move toward a less Christian nation people have started to not think about consequences. Being less disciplined in their finances has led to people being in bad positions. If anything a recession would be good for this nation. I think people need to remember what self discipline is.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm disappointed that a Moderator started this thread (being we have detailed rules about political threads) Not to mention the problems we had a few weeks ago with some political threads getting out of control (and where this one is headed). And yes, Bush-bashing (no matter how immature or childish it may be) is still considered political.

I vote to delete this thread, or am I being too much of a forum boy scout?
I don't think anyone has gotten close to going over the line; if they do, we can kill it no problem. Thus far I think everyone has had a pretty good debate. I didn't even think of this being political, although, I do admit it is. I just thought it was funny as hell they put Bush on a zero dollar bill.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

[Now lets bring religion into this political thread]
This one is for you Demon...Our Godless nation and its people are searching for solace by creating a world of materialism. For all of you that hold false Idols ahead of the Lord will face financial ruin. Spend TIME with your family, not money.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 AM

The cake is a lie

Old 12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527
Spend TIME with your family, not money.
This is as rich as any of us will ever be...good call Frydaddy!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: gofasteRR

haha, its sad but true! ... poor economy ! I'll just have to wait for more upgrades
Since 2003, when the Bush tax cuts went into effect, the economies growth rate has been better than the average of the 1980s and 1990s.

The economic growth rate for 2006 was 3.5%. The average economic growth rate for the 1990s under Clinton was 3.3% and this was during the irrational exuberance of the dotcom bubble. The average economic growth rate for 1980s was 3.1%.

For fiscal year 2006, federal revenue as a share of Gross Domestic Product was 18.4%. The post 1962 average for federal revenue was 18.2% of Gross Domestic Product.

Inflation is low, interest is low.

Next time you have a thought, let it go.

this guy is a retard.. dont think those numbers are accurate.. and ps.. doesnt matter what the economic growth rate is, if consumers are spending more than they would recieve in breaks on fuel and energy costs to heat thier homes and run thier cars!

PS im an oil and gas broker.. so i know just what the bush admin is doing to keep prices high.. its bush's retirement plan.. repubs open your eyes please!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Retired Moderator

Here are some more of the new bills:

Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just remembered something weird when I was looking at the -1 dollar bill. I was thinking, oh they just scanned it and added the '-'. Well, back to the point, when we bought our new copier at work, a $10K Konica Minolta, the salesman was here on delivery and was telling us that he has been told that its such a high quality printer that if you attempt to copy any US bill, it will lock the machine down and have to be unlocked by a technician. None of us were willing to test it out, lol. Just thought it was a little pop-trivia for ya!

Quick Reply: The Zero Dollar Bill