Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yeah... He ate dirt...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah... He ate dirt...

My friend and I are going to a concert tonight and he looked at the bike with the "Can I ride it?" look when he walked through the garage. I said fine and started it up. He got on the extra helmet and I rode it to make sure everything was fine. Yeah you know where this is going...
I got it back to him and explained what everything was. He got down the street a ways and stoped. He started to go again and had the bike reved real high. I told him to calm it down right as he dropped the clutch. The front went real high as he screamed. His weight shifted and into the curb he went.
I was lucky enough to have most of the fairings off for service on the bike, so nothing bad there except the front one which I didn't have off. His arm looks like the medium rare steak I ate last night. Blood, skin, and all it was nasty. He mentioned that it stings as the hour passed.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Default RE: Yeah... He ate dirt...

So what have we all learned from this unforunate incident!?!?!?!?

Sorry to hear that HKF1, good thing his arm looks worse than your bike. You should put a boot in his a$$ too just for good measure!

Old 07-10-2006, 07:25 PM

Sucks man, that's why i am so hesitant to let my buddies ride mine and i never let them unless they have one i can ride of equal or greater value.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:20 AM

The lesson learned was to only let him on the old bike. I told him that when I get the next one he can not touch it. I was glad I had the fairings off even though those aren't pretty either. I am glad he is ok.
No one else is allowed on my bike unless they rode over on their own and I've ridden beside them. The bike may not be pretty, but it runs great and I want to keep it that way.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:34 AM

Damn dude good thing he got messed up. You know your girlfriend will try to use this against you somehow.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Thats rough, but you lucked out with not having most of the fairings on. Serve's your buddy right, he wants to screw around on someone else's bike, he deserves to fall on his ***.

No one rides my bike without handing me it's full value in cash before hand. People ask me all of the time, and I tell them 'no problem, but i'm gonna need 6k in my hand before i give you the keys.' Kinda puts things in prospective. One of these days though I know some smart *** (prob one of my dad's friends) is gonna pull out a wad of cash and jump on the bike. But that just means a new bike for me

Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM

You know, they actually address this topic in the MSF Basic Rider Safety class. The lesson in the class is "Don't Let Your Friends Ride Your Bike...... Ever." It's just not worth it. Don't know how many times I've heard this story.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 PM

It's the thing that we have been friends since we were 5 and I always have the fun toys. Maybe next time he just gets the drive the next new car.

Corey,
You are fully correct she WILL use it agaist me... i can hear it now ::dream::"I told you not to ride that thing ahh"::dream::