Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the word HEMI

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the word HEMI

so i'm leavin work today and my boss' husband pics her up with his 5.7 L hemi. so we're talkin and I'm like "ill race ya" just joking. this lady was dead serious when she said "you might get off the line a little faster but we'll catch ya".....thats on my new 1krr. what the hell is it with the public thinking HEMI is like an abbreviation for stolen NASA technology or some ****. after i told her my 1st gear pops at around 80 she still was like nah we'll catch ya... those people are almost as bad as the "gixxer" club

Old 07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Default RE: the word HEMI

sry, my bike smoked a ferrari (sp?) a couple months back. And that was before I knew how to ride my 954. not goin to happen. and you are on a 1000rr. Tell her to stop making herself look stupid.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 PM

True true.

Should have told here you 0-60 time and what your bike tops out at. No hemi truck is gonna beat a bike's top speed.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiCBR

what the hell is it with the public thinking HEMI is like an abbreviation for stolen NASA technology or some ****.
that is great. im tired of people trying to race me in little riced out hondas and stuff but noone has ever said anything as ignorant as that woman

Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 PM

I dig the HEMI guys, well, the ones that think todays hemis are the same of yesteryear, the 426's. These hemis are just watered down versions in a small block. The 426's made STUPID power with little work, more often than not the NHRA guys are running nitro hemis cause they can stand up to the abuse of putting out thousands of HP. Anyway, just my .02. I crack up at the guys that want to race a sportbike in their civic, camaro, mustang, supra ect.....

Old 07-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I dig the HEMI guys, well, the ones that think todays hemis are the same of yesteryear, the 426's. These hemis are just watered down versions in a small block. The 426's made STUPID power with little work, more often than not the NHRA guys are running nitro hemis cause they can stand up to the abuse of putting out thousands of HP. Anyway, just my .02. I crack up at the guys that want to race a sportbike in their civic, camaro, mustang, supra ect.....

Your dead on, actually 90 + % of top fuel and funny cars in the nhra use an all aluminum version of the 426, i would think if its good enough for them to make 7000+ hp it must be an ok motor

Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 PM

I pulled up next to a dude in one of them charger hemi's, and felt like being funny and asked him if it had a hemi in it. He pointed to the strip on the back and said what do you think. He then proceeded to rev his engine at me? Whatever. Mean while, I'm lookin over in the parking lot and notice the brand new undercover police charger sitting on the side of the building which I knew he couldn't see.

Guess what he does next? Smokes em off the light, and the cops pull out and light him up. As he proceeds to pull over, I go by him and point back and say really loud, that cop cars got a hemi in it too. On my way I went laughing all the way. hahahaha.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Illushun

I pulled up next to a dude in one of them charger hemi's, and felt like being funny and asked him if it had a hemi in it. He pointed to the strip on the back and said what do you think. He then proceeded to rev his engine at me? Whatever. Mean while, I'm lookin over in the parking lot and notice the brand new undercover police charger sitting on the side of the building which I knew he couldn't see.

Guess what he does next? Smokes em off the light, and the cops pull out and light him up. As he proceeds to pull over, I go by him and point back and say really loud, that cop cars got a hemi in it too. On my way I went laughing all the way. hahahaha.
Haha, good stuff.

On topic, my buddies Dad kept telling me he could beat me in his Dodge Cummins. Same senario as you Audi, "You might get me off the line, but I'll catch up" I was like, ok... are you dumb? I agree with the whole "gixxer" thing too. "Aren't gixxers faster? Why didn't you get a gixxer instead? Gixxers are better?" That **** pisses me off. They probably don't even know it's really GSX-R.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats funny ill, for some reason the old 5.0 fastback stangs always try to race me.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I had a guy in a Civic try to run me the other day, we sitting at the light and he revs, so i look over and laugh. He says something to me so i lift my visor and i hear his buddy in the pass seat yelling dude he has a 1000 you will get killed, dont do it, dont do it. Needless to say he doesn't bother then, but to think he could even run with a 600 cracks me up.

Quick Reply: the word HEMI