Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why do we wreck so much

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do we wreck so much

Been down once...my fault, I didn't see some gravel and lost the front under braking (and maybe even some turn), slow speed, little damage, but it was early in my riding and I really didn't think ahead in what I needed to do. I'd like to think that won't happen anytime soon again.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:19 PM

I've been lucky, I haven't crashed on the street yet, a ton of times on my dirtbike (including almost being paralyzed, not fun at all btw) and dropped my bike once because of a oil slick in a parking spot, my front tire stopped rotating, but my bike bike was still moving. I had a couple close calls, like going to fast through a corner and somebody had their car parked out in the road, or the time I went into a intersection to fast to make a left turn, everything looked great, I was leaned over, knee down, I got on the gas to early and the back end kicked out, luckly from riding dirtbikes my whole life I knew what to do, keep the gas steady, I did a perfect powerslide throught the corner, leaned over with my knee barely off the ground, I came out, and gave her all the gas I could. Everyone there must have been thinking "god look at that show off" or "damn that guy can ride" My heart was pounding that time, but I got rid of the chicken strip on that side of my tire haha

Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
RCR

Been down 3 times in in 24 years

1) Running from police with a passanger, I was 17 thats my excuse and im sticking to it. (lesson learned never ran agian)

2) Riding pissed off, wrecked at 90mph at 2am in a sweeping corner. Didnt let the tires warm up.

3) wearing the wrong gear, tinted visor at night. Ran into a **** load of mudd and went over the bars after the bike stopped on a dime.

So ya its always the riders fault, except my buddies who claims a dog ran in front of him and he had to wreck or hit the dog...

And for Jules response. Bikes sometimes do just go out of control. I don't have a steering stabilizer on my bike 929RR and I hit rough road about 55-60mph and that thing started tank slapping so hard it actually bruised both of my knees because it was throwing me around so hard. I did pull out of it by getting on the throttle but I did have to stop and lay on the ground to recover afterwords, it hurt so bad.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they do get out of control! my F4i obviously doenst have a stock stabilizer, but my RR does. i feel it huge difference between the two. if the wheel eeever so slightly tries to whip one way, lets say coming down from a tiny *** wheelie, the stabilizer stiffens it up and corrects in immediatly!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:27 AM

Sportbikes/motorcycles in general are hard to see/judge how fast you're going.I'd rate that as #1 cause of accidents involving 2 or more vehicles.

As for single vehicle accidents? Rider inexperience/being too comfortable on the bike (not respecting it)