Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHY DO GIXXERS SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY DO GIXXERS SUCK

dont think they suck at all they are just way more main stream than the other bikes, they seem to get alot more publicity could have somethin to do with ben spies and mat mladdin dominating on them for what seems like forever now, not only squids ride them either i've seen plenty of squids on hondas, kawis and yamaha

Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Ty

Overheard at the Suzuki top-secret marketing management meeting:

"Who should we market the bike to?"

"Well, real riders like quality equipment, and we can't offer that. Instead of banging our heads against the wall trying to compete with the more superior Honda and the other two, I forget their names, let's market the bike directly toward inexperienced youth and inner city riders."

"Good idea! I'll bet if we put spinners on the Busa, we could really up our market share with the inner city riders."

"One step ata time buddy, don't get ahead of yourself. First we need to hook them in with the 'power button.' Those idiots are gonna love that. I can hear them now, 'yo dog, I jus hit that ***** f^#kin power button up to numba 1 an smoked his ***. Bet yo dum azz wish you had a ***** f^#kin power button.'"

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea. What are we gonna call it?"

"Well, DMX is like a god to them, so let's think of something close....like Suzuki DMX....SDMX?"

"No that's too obvious, how about S-DMS? They'll never notice!"

"Brilliant, let the staff know."

Old 03-19-2008, 08:26 AM

HA, that was great. Its not the bikes, its the people that ride them. Above that, its the fact that its like only name people who dont know whats what know. I cant tell you how many kids have come up to me going hey man nice bike, is that a gixxer? meanwhile its got honda plastered all the **** over it... oh, and they're ugly, and attract squids.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 AM

I have to say I fit really well on a 06 GSX-R 600 and I like the looks except for the headlight. Like was said it's more the people that ride them then the bike itself. I know where I live I'm the odd man out since I ride a Honda. last Thursday I seen 4 bikes out and allwere GSX-R's 3 were very new and one was older,but not as old as my F4.

The one guy was such a Gixxer owner. He did have a helmet on, but no jacket-just a FTP hoodie LOL! Wannabe Star Boy.

I hate to say this, but if I got really good deal on a newer GSX-R 600 I would jump on it. I love Honda, but there are other good bikes out there.

My Buddies 03 636 is one bad *** bike and takes a hard beating every time he rides it and it just come back for more.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

It's more of a product or word assoiation, the folks that own them and all. I have ridden many GSX-R's and thier nice bikes, but so are all of the big 4 Jap bikes, I just prefer the fit, finish and durability of Honda. I have many friends who ride GSX-R's and they are great guys and gals, but they would be so no matter what they rode. GSX-R's just have the whole marketing thing down pat, and they appeal to allot of folks. Guys who read the mags see that the GSX-R is faster so they get it, never mind it is only 1/10th faster than brand "X" ridden by a pro rider, they just see it as the latest and baddest bike and they get it. I hate civics, not so much for the car, but all the punks I see who drive em, rattle-can paint jobs, loose boddy parts, a stupid loud exhaust and to top it off some ******* with a bulletproof attitude driving the damn thing. Now, I know not all civic guys are jerks, just 90% of the ones I run into are, so I can't help but lump em into the same group. Same with GSX-R's, but more often than not I tend to like anyone til they give me a reason not to.
1+

I don't think there's anything wrong with the bike itself as Doc posted someplace else. It is those individuals with a bullet proof mentality, and I don't care because it doesn't affect me attitude is the true problem, which make up a small portion of its owners. The problem is they are the most visible ones out there. They are also operating under the same old premises that car manufacturers use concerning NASCAR . A win on Sunday translates to a sale on the showroom floor on Tuesday. A lot of these guys just watch AMA and have seen Suzuki's winning streak continue and read the mags like Doc said. And they see the folklore, following with the Hayabusa. From that automatically conclude that if they own one. They are the baddest thing on the road. You might say in the truest sense of the word. They are the modern day 1% er of the bike community. Now, in no way am I saying that all squids ride
GSX-RI have seen them on every brand and type of motorcycle out there