Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why GIXXERS?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why GIXXERS?????

Why do so many new or wanna be bikers like Gixxers so much? I mean they are not bad looking, but there not the best thing since sliced bread. The internet/cable repair guys was at my house yesterday and seen that my screan saver says CBR 600 F4 and he told my mom that he's getting a bike and he can't deside if he wants a CBR or a Gixxer. She told me that and I just smiled and shook my head. I feel the CBR is a much better bike and there are other bikes out there better then the gixxer. I like the R6 and the 636-hell even a nice ZX6 would work.

Sorry no real point to this post, but I just get so sick of allway hearing "Dude i'm gettng a gixxer" or I had a gixxer and getting another one"

Old 11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Default RE: Why GIXXERS?????

It's becasue they are on all the movies, It is the most shown bike.And remember every bike is either a gixxer or a ninja. And a 600 is for babies

Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 AM

The Bling Bling market for GSX-R's is also huge. That and they do win most of the sport bike shootouts, have gobs of power, and really cool comercials (sp?) But I'll take my Honda anyday!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

That and they do win most of the sport bike shootouts
+1 and it is more fun to say 'gixxer' than CBR. The world runs on fashion, not engineering.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:18 AM

Oh its definitely an "I'm an idiot, look at my cool bike, its just like eveyone else's" scenario

Old 11-13-2007, 11:23 AM

and it is more fun to say 'gixxer' than CBR. The world runs on fashion, not engineering.
thats what i was gonna say... all the kids without a bike always say "gixxer this gixxer that.." on the rare occasion when i'm actually in a conversation with someone like this i make sure to pronounciate it nice and slow G-S-X-R. doesnt bother me when someone who owns a bike calls it a gixxer, but when someone who clearly knows absolutely nothing about motorcycles says he is going to buy a "gixxer," when i know that he probably couldn't tell a "gixxer" from a triumph, it just gets my blood boiling. Whats worse is they usually follow it up with "i dont know if i wanna get the 750 or the 1000."

Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the saying gixxer thing.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

That and they do win most of the sport bike shootouts
+1 and it is more fun to say 'gixxer' than CBR. The world runs on fashion, not engineering.
Also the GSX-R sells for less than the Hondas of the same class, so it makes it more atractive to prospective buyers that "just want a bad *** spoortbike"

Although if we brought back the Fireblade name back to the states, I'd bet you some of the "style before substance" crowd would flock to it.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM

And over on the gixxer boards, theyre asking why 1000RR's?

Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Are there different cost to mod either bike? Is the undertail exhaust more costly to replace with a slip on or a full system? what about fairings. Maybe it is a small block chevy kind of thing where everything is just alot cheaper to buy?

Then again, maybe someGSXR buyers just don't like underseat exhaust. Maybe people like the one headlight instead of the twin headlight. My girlfriend thinks that GSXRs are better looking than the RRs but is happy that I have the F4i with a banana seat.

Quick Reply: Why GIXXERS?????