Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

gixxers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gixxers

a friend of mine wants to get a bike and was looking at a ninja 650r.. good bike then here comes some 16 year old kid telling him to get a 07 GSXR instead i really want to know why they are so popular among non-riders.. what is suzuki doing that other companies arent?

Old 08-16-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
They Bull chit way better than any other manufacturer !!!

Have you ever ridden a GSXR of any type ???

I have and they feel tinny and cheap ....go like chit out of a shanghai !!, but they feel crap !!!
but if you are into riding on a shanghai !! ?? ...hey go for it !! ..lol

In my limited experience !! ...lolol
I will tell you one thing .... I have met a ton of Sud-bloody-zuiki riders and they all , or most ! , seem to have one main thing in common , allot of them have NOT owned Honda's before .... ??

I rest my case .... experience will tell the story every time ..... lol

Honda's are in my opinions the best bikes on the road. They are not the leader in one single category, but they are the best all around bikes. If I ever sold my honda I'd be found on a yamaha. Thats the only two bike companies that have ever really impressed me.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 AM

I think the reason they are so popular is because of the power and speed, 110kw from a 750 i not to bad at all! Actually I wouldn't mind one myself now i think about it haha joking....

Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 AM

i had an 08 650r for a first bike. it was fun to learn to ride and tool around on, very forgiving. ill never own a "me too" or "belly button" bike. too many ricers trading three civics and cash for a gixxer and making a bad name for sportbike riders these days.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keywords...

Originally Posted by TheCult
popular among non-riders..

Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Honda is the best motorcycle out right now.... And Non-Riders dont know that till they ride one..

Most non-riders think that SuSucki is better because they are "popular". actually had an Non-Rider come up to me and ask (while at a honda dealership) if he should get Suzuki (used) or a honda (New)... I told him honda for sure.. and his response cracked me up... AND I QUOTE! "But Suzuki is much more popular. I never see honda's on the road." I wanted to slap the kid right there!!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
Honda is the best motorcycle out right now.... And Non-Riders dont know that till they ride one..

Most non-riders think that SuSucki is better because they are "popular". actually had an Non-Rider come up to me and ask (while at a honda dealership) if he should get Suzuki (used) or a honda (New)... I told him honda for sure.. and his response cracked me up... AND I QUOTE! "But Suzuki is much more popular. I never see honda's on the road." I wanted to slap the kid right there!!
haha i know what you mean, was he a younger guy too? cuz i find its them the most who brag about suzu's

Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the chance to ride a 05 and 06 GSXR6, 07 R6, and a 636(not sure what year). Ive also let them all ride my bike and they all come back with these response's. "Man your bike is so smooth" "The power is not clunky like mine"(05gsxr owner) And the one i got from both GSXR owners "I would love to have your bike".

While riding theirs was nice you can tell its not a honda after a 30-45 min ride. The R6 was nicer than the GSXR's but it felt was jumpy with the power. Not a smooth delivery. Both GSXR's put my hands to sleep after about 15 mins. The 636 wasnt taken care of well. FI light was on due to a "MOD" and it had been wheelied plenty and was always landed fairly hard so i feel its not fair to judge that one.

My old roomate(05 GSXR) actually refuses to ride my bike now becuase it makes him hate his for a day or two after.

Quick Reply: gixxers