CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   gixxers (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/gixxers-129700/)

TheCult 08-16-2011 03:28 AM

gixxers

a friend of mine wants to get a bike and was looking at a ninja 650r.. good bike then here comes some 16 year old kid telling him to get a 07 GSXR instead :icon_question: i really want to know why they are so popular among non-riders.. what is suzuki doing that other companies arent?

CBRclassic 08-16-2011 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by TheCult (Post 1090488)
a friend of mine wants to get a bike and was looking at a ninja 650r.. good bike then here comes some 16 year old kid telling him to get a 07 GSXR instead :icon_question: i really want to know why they are so popular among non-riders.. what is suzuki doing that other companies arent?

They Bull chit way better than any other manufacturer !!!

Have you ever ridden a GSXR of any type ???

I have and they feel tinny and cheap ....go like chit out of a shanghai !!, but they feel crap !!!
but if you are into riding on a shanghai !! ?? ...hey go for it !! ..lol

In my limited experience !! ...lolol:icon_laugh:
I will tell you one thing .... I have met a ton of Sud-bloody-zuiki riders and they all , or most ! , seem to have one main thing in common , allot of them have NOT owned Honda's before .... ??

I rest my case .... experience will tell the story every time ..... :icon_dance-twist: lol

jveach 08-16-2011 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 1090492)
They Bull chit way better than any other manufacturer !!!

Have you ever ridden a GSXR of any type ???

I have and they feel tinny and cheap ....go like chit out of a shanghai !!, but they feel crap !!!
but if you are into riding on a shanghai !! ?? ...hey go for it !! ..lol

In my limited experience !! ...lolol:icon_laugh:
I will tell you one thing .... I have met a ton of Sud-bloody-zuiki riders and they all , or most ! , seem to have one main thing in common , allot of them have NOT owned Honda's before .... ??

I rest my case .... experience will tell the story every time ..... :icon_dance-twist: lol

:icon_that: :icon_attention:

Honda's are in my opinions the best bikes on the road. They are not the leader in one single category, but they are the best all around bikes. If I ever sold my honda I'd be found on a yamaha. Thats the only two bike companies that have ever really impressed me.

CBRclassic 08-16-2011 03:51 AM

Honda's are in my opinions the best bikes on the road. They are not the leader in one single category, but they are the best all around bikes.
Well put !!!!
http://www.home-business-host.com/im..._thumbs_up.gif

RedBaron 08-16-2011 06:35 AM

I think the reason they are so popular is because of the power and speed, 110kw from a 750 i not to bad at all! Actually I wouldn't mind one myself now i think about it haha :icon_goofygrin: joking....

itlnF4I 08-16-2011 07:29 AM

i had an 08 650r for a first bike. it was fun to learn to ride and tool around on, very forgiving. ill never own a "me too" or "belly button" bike. too many ricers trading three civics and cash for a gixxer and making a bad name for sportbike riders these days.

jeffjones 08-16-2011 07:32 AM

Keywords...

Originally Posted by TheCult (Post 1090488)
popular among non-riders..

Dfbewley2 08-16-2011 08:22 PM

Honda is the best motorcycle out right now.... And Non-Riders dont know that till they ride one..

Most non-riders think that SuSucki is better because they are "popular". actually had an Non-Rider come up to me and ask (while at a honda dealership) if he should get Suzuki (used) or a honda (New)... I told him honda for sure.. and his response cracked me up... AND I QUOTE! "But Suzuki is much more popular. I never see honda's on the road." I wanted to slap the kid right there!!

TheCult 08-16-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2 (Post 1090604)
Honda is the best motorcycle out right now.... And Non-Riders dont know that till they ride one..

Most non-riders think that SuSucki is better because they are "popular". actually had an Non-Rider come up to me and ask (while at a honda dealership) if he should get Suzuki (used) or a honda (New)... I told him honda for sure.. and his response cracked me up... AND I QUOTE! "But Suzuki is much more popular. I never see honda's on the road." I wanted to slap the kid right there!!

haha i know what you mean, was he a younger guy too? cuz i find its them the most who brag about suzu's

CBRfenatic93 08-16-2011 10:32 PM

I have had the chance to ride a 05 and 06 GSXR6, 07 R6, and a 636(not sure what year). Ive also let them all ride my bike and they all come back with these response's. "Man your bike is so smooth" "The power is not clunky like mine"(05gsxr owner) And the one i got from both GSXR owners "I would love to have your bike".

While riding theirs was nice you can tell its not a honda after a 30-45 min ride. The R6 was nicer than the GSXR's but it felt was jumpy with the power. Not a smooth delivery. Both GSXR's put my hands to sleep after about 15 mins. The 636 wasnt taken care of well. FI light was on due to a "MOD" and it had been wheelied plenty and was always landed fairly hard so i feel its not fair to judge that one.

My old roomate(05 GSXR) actually refuses to ride my bike now becuase it makes him hate his for a day or two after. :icon_clapclap: