Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Veterian may go jail over malfunctioned rifle

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veterian may go jail over malfunctioned rifle

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes....govt.guns.cnn

Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Default RE: Veterian may go jail over malfunctioned rifle

Does the ATF have nothing better to do?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Friend and Hero ...

My comments concerning the Marine Corps recruiting station in Berkeley, could very well apply to this situation
https://cbrforum.com/m_408222/mpage_22/key_/tm.htm#509572
It is absolutely ridiculous that a 16 year veteran of this country's military with no previous criminal background should be charged with such a ludicrous crime. When he released custody of the weapon to the young man. It is apparent that he wasunder the impression it was functioning correctly, and how do we know that the young man did not install a drop in sear they were readily available with no paperwork for years through shotgun news. I would be quite interested to find out what the young man statement is concerning the weapon

Old 03-19-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

My comments concerning the Marine Corps recruiting station in Berkeley, could very well apply to this situation
https://cbrforum.com/m_408222/mpage_22/key_/tm.htm#509572
It is absolutely ridiculous that a 16 year veteran of this country's military with no previous criminal background should be charged with such a ludicrous crime. When he released custody of the weapon to the young man. It is apparent that he wasunder the impression it was functioning correctly, and how do we know that the young man did not install a drop in sear they were readily available with no paperwork for years through shotgun news. I would be quite interested to find out what the young man statement is concerning the weapon

Kinda off topic but still kinda on topic. There was a military man that was done with his service and was brought back home (here). He ending up cutting up women and putting them in luggage.

So I guess I'm saying you cant rule that vets shouldn't be charged a certain way. But yes this whole gun thing is getting way out of hand.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Does PTSD sound even remotely familiar to you Brandon, or are you operating under the conclusion that all individuals who serve this country have a mind like a steel trap, anda on off switch for their emotions not making excuses for the case in which you're alluding to but there are times when circumstances are not what they seem to be on the surface

Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
RCR

There has to be more to the story then what we are seeing. Wouldn't the ATF confiscate the gun, tear it down and realize there was no tampering/ filed sear/new sear in the ar-15 and be done with it? There had to be more then that. Im glad the ATF is investigating people that may have fully auto guns.

On a side note Im holding a buddies Ak-47 for him (left to him by his father) cause I have a gun safe. it is a grandfatherd clause gun, not illegal and he wanted to file the rear sear off to make it a fully auto and I told him if he does don't ever bring it back here or bring it shooting cause I don't want any of that ATF/Im going to prison sh*t for someone elses stupid crap.