Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who smokes weed n rides???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Om only a Deputy Sheriff here ...so I am gunna leave this go ...

but I am sure when the Marshal (Stretcher) awakes and spots this , everyone's going to do hard time ... and this thread will be confiscated
Well put Steve, well put.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consider this... When they are done scraping your stoned corpse off the highway you family won't get paid out for your insurance policy cause you were intoxicated. Lets add insult to injury... You are retarded to ride under the influence.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Om only a Deputy Sheriff here ...so I am gunna leave this go ...

but I am sure when the Marshal (Stretcher) awakes and spots this , everyone's going to do hard time ... and this thread will be confiscated
Sure, make me the bad guy

It makes me wonder how much damage weed does to your brain long term. To say THC does not impair judgement, reaction time and coordination is the very same as saying hitting your thumb with sledge hammer does not cause discomfort.

But I know a buddy from a long time ago who used to hit is thumb with a sledge hammer and he said it tickled. Or is it, I hit my thumb with a sledge all the time and feel no pain. Hell, I enjoy it and it makes my riding better. Gimme a break. The only reason Keith Richards did the "Don't do Drugs" campaign years ago was because he thought I was gonna do 'em all and there'd be none left for him But I never drove or rode while even slightly impaired. Too much to lose and not worth killing someone else.

All I know for sure is the one's spouting the loudest about no effect on your driving/riding skills would most likely not put your life in the hands of a surgeon who'd just finished a fatty. Nor a pilot. And probably not even a bus driver.

So do what you think is right but don't promote the practice of driving impaired here ... regardless of the substance.

Thanks

Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
sorry but that was deleted by the Stretcher Nick
Me being a senior member has nothing to do with my language. Your absolutely right, I will NEVER RIDE HIGH. I have this thing called common sense. I also have this crazy thing called a sense of responsibility. A responsibility as a senior member and active poster to this forum to ensure that things such as drugs and riding under the influence aren't being promoted and placed in a glamorous light.

As far as me being "Mr. Cool Guy," thanks. I really appreciate your compliment. I sometimes feel my bike gets all of the credit and I am living in its shadow. Not even Classic or Stretcher have seen how cool I am. All I get from them are silly ROTM nominations. You however have seen beyond that and for that Mr. Stoner I thank you.

I do believe one great reason I havent gotten my *** beat is probably because not only am I in excellent shape, but also because of my military affiliation. I'm sure that goes for our other service members in this forum as well.

As far as the cops letting you go when they see you are high....you're a liar. No cop that deserves his badge will let you go if they pull you over and you are high. Stop trying to impress others on this forum with your crap.

So while I will never enjoy the benefits of riding while high, I will enjoy the benefits of knowing that my decisions are not endangering others. Keep that in mind when a loved one of yours is killed by a driver under the influence. If you want to talk about drugs and glamorize them, do it on your myspace, tweeter, facebook, 1000rr.net, 600rr.net, or whatever, just don't do it here.

Last edited by CBRclassic; 05-05-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Ow , wooo up there Nick...
Stretcher deleted that quote and that means its a no go... so I gotta scrub it ..sorry..

As far as me and Stretch goes in the above.....geepers Nick...dunno what to say to that actually

It was sarcasm good friend, strictly sarcasm. Not a zinger directed at you and Greg. I know better than to pick fights with older folk, I hear as you get older you get stronger I don't want any of that. I really appreciated the nomination. As far as the quote, I didn't realize it was deleted until after my post went up. Sorry about that.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 PM

Ya know Nafstap, I was going to avoid this thread after regretting my 1st post of how I was 20 years ago. It's nothing I'm proud of but you'd never know it reading my post. I was irresponsible obviously and I agree with you and others that riding or driving impaired puts OTHERS at risk, and that is the biggest problem. I witnessed a young Mom-To-Be get killed by a drunk at 4 in the afternoon, she was 8 Months Pregnant. The Drunk lived. That,...had a huge impact on me. And even though I do believe smokin pot and driving is not as bad as drinkin, it DOES hamper your ability to react in situations!!
So I hope I didn't seem as if I was Glamorising my actions in History, I was more reflecting back to the days.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

/face palm

Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 PM

/face finger