Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who smokes weed n rides???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Did it once before riding home on the highway from Tampa, never again. I wouldn't say it hurt my ability to react or be safe, but it just wasn't enjoyable. It might not be so bad on some backroad twisties, but with all the traffic... eek.

I've all but quit since college anyhow, so its pretty easy for me to avoid such a situation from coming together again..
hahah hell yah man. when i do smoke i try not to have my bike. its fun when you're driving, but when on a bike.. paranoia kicks in and i cant seem to get my head to stop looking left n right n up n down n all the angles in between.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM

I dont think weed is a bad thing, but i dont think its a good idea to mix with riding on the street.

everyone is different though, an old friend used to blaze before every moto when he raced motocross. he was BLAZING fast, no pun intended..

i also have friends who are high 24/7 and function somewhat normally (work, go to school, etc)

i personally wont touch any thing that impairs judgement when riding. i have good reflexes as it is so i think i could get away with it, but its not a risk im willing to take. i hate hospitals!

Last edited by mxpunk; 05-05-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
hahah hell yah man. when i do smoke i try not to have my bike. its fun when you're driving, but when on a bike.. paranoia kicks in and i cant seem to get my head to stop looking left n right n up n down n all the angles in between.
Exactly. I wouldn't hesitate in a car. Did it all through college without a hitch. Never ever on a bike. Its just not fun.

And while I think those statistics are a little misleading Hang, I don't doubt for a second that smoking pot before riding ups your risks of accident.

You can't test, with current technology, if someone is high. You can only look for their symptoms. i.e. smell, inhibited motor skills, etc. Testing for THC only indicates that a person has smoked pot in the last few weeks. Saying that 6-11% of people involved in accidents tested positive for THC content doesn't mean those people were high, it means they are pot smokers or had smoked pot in recent weeks, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if 6-11% of the American population smokes pot or at least had smoked pot at some point in their life.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Yea I'm with you 100% on all points. Thx for the article.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
i sureee doo but it does get scary sometimes.

where mah buddsmokaas at??

How do you get the lighter and pipe past your helmet?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:21 PM

riding under the influence of judgement impairing drugs is a bad idea, kthx!

i have no problems with weed, its a great drug IMO thats given a bad rep for monetary reasons and lies..but it has its place.

on the couch, in your parents basement, away from potentially hurting an innocent person.

bikes can hurt cars to you know!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:01 PM

Can someone please explain to me how someone can be an accident "suspect"? Either you werein an accident or you weren't. If you are in an accident you are a victim. You don't have to be dead to be considered a victim... That would be a casualty.
Any who.. I am against the use of any mind altering substance while riding, just my 0.02

Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM

Have not smoked dope for years now, I have to admit though, I have been stoned while riding & driving, but gave up on it.
Found that your 2nd guessing all the time, a lot of what goes into riding should be 2nd nature. When your out of it, your coordination is impaired, even though you think that your reaction time is enhanced, sorry they are not.
Statistics? well you can get them to prove anything, either for or against.
Being stoned is just that, you are under the influence of a drug, you don't need statistics to tell you that, & THC will impair your judgment.
I don't care if someone wants to ride sh*t faced naked, your business, but riding stoned (or slightly p*ssed), is not a safe thing to do.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
""Marijuana use impairs a person's ability to form memories, recall events and shift attention from one thing to another.THC also disrupts coordination and balance by binding to receptors in the cerebellum and basal ganglia, parts of the brain that regulate balance, posture, coordination of movement, and reaction time.Through its effects on the brain and body, marijuana intoxication can cause accidents. Studies show that approximately 6 to 11 percent of fatal accident victims test positive for THC.""

Man, that sounds so cool.

marijuana doesnt effect ur balance
thats alcohol
and marijuana can be in ur system for 3 weeks to 6 months after you smoke so all that 6 to 11 % shows is that they smoked, not that they were high

i dont recommend gettin completely stoned and riding, but alot of nights me and my buddy would go smoke, ride to the gas station where all the bikes meet (about 30 seconds away from our smoke spot) and eat and get somethin to drink and chill for about a half hour then ride. by then its started to wear off but you still have the relaxed, chilled feeling. those were also the nights that i would calmly cruise in the back and not have the urge to speed or do anything else stupid

Quick Reply: Who smokes weed n rides???