Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Oh lord, wont ya buy me a................................................. ........... skin graft!!

i repeat...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be man enough to come out and say it. If you dont wear gear and you leave your driveway, your an idiot

Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

do you ppl with these I am just goin .blabla miles or just to the store. realize thats where most accidents happens?
not to undermine wearing your gear which I think is wise but I"m not gonna condemn anyone who chooses otherwise..this is america..duh but that statistic is skewed to a point. The reason most accidents happen within X miles of your home is because people for the most part are on the road within those reaches 95% of the time so of course most accidents are gonna appear to happen closer to home. People aren't 30 miles away nearly as often as they are within a few miles from home so I don't think it's a valid argument. Kinda like saying most people at the bar drink alcohol.

Still yet, I don't care if you're 1 mile from the house, you think the entity being "chance" that the car up the road pulling out of the intersection without seeing you is gonna care how far away you are. Just don't even bother justifying it. A simple, "because I don't want to" is better than somehow perpetuating the general consensus that "a few miles" = safe. You think people that get in crashes anticipate that they are ever going to get in a crash? No. Quite the opposite, you think it'll never happen to you.

When the guy that crushes his head all over the road because he didn't feel like wearing a helmet even though he undoubtedly heard the constant warnings and advice from others(if you ride a bike it's inevitable that you'll hear someone preaching this) he won't be getting my sympathies. That's just plain selfish...to the family that has to witness someone's splattered head and dead body, to the family you let down because of your choice, and to the scene you tarnished by adding another dead biker to the roster.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Cro

I luvs my skin.

helmet, carbon gloves always.
undershirt and slacks only when goin to work (3 min ride)
text jacket and frank thomas stunt boots all other times and pants when pulling up 2nd on the highway.

Oh and a GI compact 45 on my left hip.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Cro

Oh and a GI compact 45 on my left hip.
Can't ever be too safe.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:16 AM

I wear a jacket, gloves and jeans with boots. You'd have to be crazy to wear a leather in Texas heat