Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?

Admittedly, I do not wear protective gear at all times. It is pretty foolish I suppose, but quite comfortable for a leisurely ride.
Any time I go "out with the guys" for a ride I wear jeans, and leather jacket. Full face helmet, gloves, and boots are always on for the ride.
I intend on finding a good suit to wear for hard rides...

Old 05-28-2007, 10:54 PM

I actually just had a similar conversation on another forum... a guy was askin' about what he could wear on extremely hot days other than his leathers and wanted to know if mesh gear was any good. this is what i said...

it's all up to you what u wanna wear. i've talked with people who have crashed at 60+mph in a mesh jacket and came out w/o a scratch, just a small whole in the jacket, but other than that nothing.

Personally, i have more gear than i prolly need...lol i have a lot of jackets, but really only use 3, i have a mesh joe rocket, a ballistic jacket, and my teknic leather. i rarely use the mesh jacket, usually only wear the jacket if i'm riding in to town for coffee or something and it's real hot out. i have worn it riding, but only when i'm just takin' it easy i wear my ballistic when it's cold and on most rides cuz it's lighter (weight) than my leather and when all the vents are open it's not to bad in the heat. when i'm plannin' to go all out and push myself i wear my leathers, just makes me feel a little safer, but really it's only comfortable between 65-75 degrees, but i remind myself that u can crash just as easily when it's 100 degrees out as when it's 60 i'd rather be hot and in one peice

as for pants, again, i only wear my leathers if i'm going all out. i have ballistic pants i wear when it's cold. i have icon jeans for a lil added protection from normal jeans, but a lot of times i'll just wear normal jeans or army pants or whatever... it really depends on how aggressive i'm planning to ride, but no matter what, i don't leave the house w/o my gear on.

no matter what type of riding i'm doing i always have my helmet, gloves, vest/back protector, leg gear (almost always), and boots.

as these other guys said, if ur in high traffic areas ur gonna get hotter quicker. i was in my leathers all day yesterday and it really wasn't bad cuz we weren't doing any stop/go crap and shaded routes are good too.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

word o8

Old 05-29-2007, 02:14 AM

I dont have leathers so I wear my 1-pc snowsuit, man it gets hot.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:12 PM

i never ride with shorts on, the engine case burns my knee at stoplights even when i try to keep it as far away as possible from it.

I ALWAYS have my gloves/helmet on. And most of the time I wear my leather/armoured jacket if I plan on enjoying some twisties.

If I am just planning on cruising up to the mall to pickup some jailbait with a few buddies, its jeans and white-t all the way

Old 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM

Shorts n Tee, [sm=forgetit.gif], although riding home the other day in traffic and 36deg C heat i kinda wish i was in shorts lol! that being said id rather sweat than bleed
You'll always see guys ridn' around though in tank tops and shorts[:@]they have to look cool some how[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Old 09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

do you ppl with these I am just goin .blabla miles or just to the store. realize thats where most accidents happens?

When you dont at least wear the min gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, some sort of boot) Its doesnt show you know your machine at all, it shows you dont respect or value your health/body.

n wearing flip flops or sandels on a bike of any kind is just plain ghey!!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy gravedigg'n batman! Old thread

Well, I've taken 2 minor spills in my fugly Joe Rocket Jacket with hardly any damage. Granted, by the time I landed, I was probably only doing about 5 mph. I always wear Jeans, gloves and boots.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:11 PM

I try and always wear all my gear, which is just a leather jacket glove and a helmet. I never ride in shorts but always jeans. Riding around here no one has leather pants on which may be dumb, but just to hot out to do. It gets up to over 90 sometimes I leave the jacket at home but hardly ever. Actually some bastard stole my gloves this week while parked at the gf house. So if anyone has extras they are selling or know where to get a good pair let me know

Old 09-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Depends on where I am and where I'm going. Short trip then helmet and gloves is all I need to feel secure (which can mean gym shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes). Anything longer than say 5 minutes I wear the jacket. For the weekend rides it's full leather.

Quick Reply: Who rides in Shorts and Tee...hot day riding?