Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wheelies and recklessness

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheelies and recklessness

What a ruckus that question caused ! Great reading, and I am with Blue Fox on post #27 - if you know it may cost you, why do it in public ?

Maybe someone should go into the parking lot business, with a cover charge at the gate ? wheelies-R-us ?

Old 02-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cjp48

What a ruckus that question caused ! Great reading, and I am with Blue Fox on post #27 - if you know it may cost you, why do it in public ?

Maybe someone should go into the parking lot business, with a cover charge at the gate ? wheelies-R-us ?
Well, at least I have someone that agrees with my point of view. (I was beginning to think I was the only one, lol.)

ORIGINAL: Kearnsy

Because Its fun mate . The cops dont like to see any one have fun.
Oh yeah, it's EXTREMELY fun, don't get me wrong, but NOT on public roads. I used to stunt my car (behind a grocery store in a HUGE vacant lot). Reverse 180's, 360's, drifting, etc. I knew that it could result as a reckless driving ticket, but as everyone knows, you have to learn the hard way, which I did. I was drifting on a public road with very light traffic. Keep in mind, I was still in high school, AND I WAS RETARDED. I was pulled over (by 2 cops, then multiplied into 8) because I actually drifted around a unmarked police car. (yeah, smart of me huh?). I got a $500 fine, and the possibility of 3 months suspended licence and 7-days in jail. I wasn't pissed at the cops because IT WAS MY FAULT! I paid the $500 dollars, I didn't deny what I did and told the truth to the judge. He let me go with just paying the fine and a warning "if I see you back in here for the same ticket, I'll throw you in jail." - Point taken.

Now I take my car (and my bike) to the local track if I want to do the crazy stuff, and it's a lot more fun because you aren't constantly checking your rear-view mirrors to see those dreaded flashing red/blue lights.

So what I'm getting at is this. Cops are there, and everyone knows it. Stunting is illegal, and EVERYONE knows it. Don't blame the cops if they bust you stunting, that would just be ignorant. Remember, it's not just you on the road, there are other people too. I know all of you on here would be EXTREMELY pissed off if a car was sliding around, stunting their cars right beside you as you rode along. Same goes for stunting your bike around cars.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, I never knew I was this good at starting a fight. Wait, yes i did.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: demonchild

damn, I never knew I was this good at starting a fight. Wait, yes i did.
All you have to say is......"I run 93 octane".......that'll start World War III on this forum.