Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wheelies and recklessness

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 12:15 PM
Err
Default RE: wheelies and recklessness

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Err:
If "Dude you're a Moron" is the best response you can come up with a rational demonstration of the failure of your logic, Then you have probablyfallen off your bike one too many times without a lid on.

If you got kicked out of a lot on wich "you had permission" you probably didn't really have permission from the owner of the lot (asking the underpayed employee at the cash register, or the vagabond sleeping under the park bench at the corner of the lot doesn't count. They don't have the ownership/authority to give you permission in the first place)
" I never said it was legal" - you are spending an innordinate ammount of effort to justyfy illegal bahaviour, and it would be perfectly legal in a controlled, and sanctioned environment
But that is the problem, a parking lot , even at 3 am is not a controlled environment, Yes the likelyhood of having someone on the lot is a lot less, but the possibility is not eliminated, also, how about someone's property, let's say, someone's cage left overnight on the parking lot, howabout the risk to that.

I was not attacking you, just the logic of your argument, and telling me to "shut Up" does not do anything to fixed the failed logic on that, If you can demonstrate where my analisis of your logic has failed, I welcome the exchange of ideas.

But then again, I'm talking to someone who thinks that looking out for other prople's safety is "too much work for me" so I really cannot expect you to be able to tolerate other people's opinions, now can I?

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
err /ɜr, ɛr/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ur, er]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object)

to go astray in thought or belief; be mistaken; be incorrect.

to go astray morally; sin: To err is human.

Archaic. to deviate from the true course, aim, or purpose. [/align]
[hr]

[Origin: 1275–1325; ME erren < OF errer < L errāre; akin to Goth airzjan, OHG irrôn, G irren] [/align]
—Related forms
err¡a¡bil¡i¡ty, noun [/align]err¡a¡ble, adjective [/align]

—Synonyms 2. transgress, lapse.[/align][/align][/align]
how would you know if i wear my helmet or not? you are making as

Old 02-14-2007 | 12:58 PM
Registered Users

Ive asked this parking lot question to several police officer's/sherrifs, If your on private property...first time...there is nothing they can do except tell you to leave....had cop's pull into the parking lot behind the guy's stunting, all they'll do is tell you "blah blah blah your gunna kill yourslef blah blah blah go somewhere i can write you ticket" If the owners of the lot specifically give permission they can remove you, but not without a warning.....nooooow i'm not saying if you **** them off they wont do more then this, they've got a badge and a gun so they can make up whatever they want, But initialy speaking if they catch you just talk to them like their a dear friend you hav'nt seen in years, and they'll be cool.....hell in these part's the piggies have been known to just sit back and watch the stunters

Old 02-14-2007 | 01:08 PM

You can get kicked out of private property with or without permission, unless it is a scheduled or funded event. FYI

Old 02-14-2007 | 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Err

you should go out and find some local stunters and spend a day at the spot, you might be surprised with what you see.
+1. He might be suprised that most stunters actually have better control over their bikes than alot of people.

Nobody stunts in a lot where there are tons of people and lots of parked cars around...just dont happen boss. For one, its not safe, and two, if u stunt in a spot like that it aint gonna be a spot much longer cause the popo will shut it down.

"If you got kicked out of a lot on wich "you had permission" you probably didn't really have permission from the owner of the lot "

Congrats white ricer...ur a retard. The cops can pretty much do anything they want to when it comes to pickin up ur front wheel. They will take ur bike or give u a ticket...i dont care if u have the owner him/herself out there watchin the event and comes runnin over to the cop to tell him that its ok. Guess what, the cop aint gonna give a damn...he is just gonna try and fill his quota (unless he is a cool cop that will let u off the hook, but he will still tell u to stop regardless).

And people who stunt in lots arent the ones that give bikers a bad name. Its the idiots (myself included lol) that will pop a wheelie doin 80 or so in the middle of traffic just for ****s and giggles. Or its the squidlys (again, me to) that lane split doin 100 mph just for the rush. Its also those biker gangs and all the drunk hardley riders that drink then dont wear a helmet and crack their skull open when they are leavin the bar.

And why the attack on the name? I dont really get it either? Are u showing us that u know how to use wikipedia or something because i think that being the computer minded people that we are, we allready know how to .02.

Look boss, u dont like stuntin, the thats cool...it aint for everybody. I swore to myself that when i got my bike i wouldnt be that guy doin that crazy ****e...but that all changed after i accidently got that front wheelup the first time and i really havent looked back since lol. Just dont go flamin other people cause u dont like somethin, especially when u dont have a clue about what ur talkin bout homie.

[sm=rant.gif]

Now, im takin my god given right as a CBRFORUM.com member in the Off Topic section and thread jackin this POS and im gonna post ***** the hell outa it. So, the new topic is how big a tool Hugh Grant is for cheating on Elizabeth Hurley (i have her pic on my screen and i just wish i could bang the hell out of her...maybe when i win a million bucks lol)

Old 02-14-2007 | 04:13 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

ORIGINAL: mdfirefighter

well when u have permission like said before u still get a wreckless drivin charge and they are still able to take ur bike. "Stunting" is never a charge...only wreckless driving.
Not true. Traffic violations only apply to public roads andprivateplaces normally used by the public (I.E. a mall parking lot). If you are in a private place notnormally used by the publicwith direct permission from the owner they legally can't touch you.

MDFF
Legally...tell that to the cops. They will take ur bike anyways just cause the can. At least down here its like that. If they cant get u for the wreckless driving they will try and get u for somethin else like bein a public nuciance (sp?) wit all the noise comin from ur tail pipe.
I ould tell that to the cops. Better yet, I would require their supervisor come to the scene, as well as the lot owner who gave permission and some random lawyer I would call to be there. They wouldn't take my bike, and if they did, they would be sued for impound fees, loss of wages (if the bike had a plate and was legal - hey it's my only transportation). I would also contact the local news media and make a ****storm of it. They wouldn't be happy. I know the law and I would make their lives miserable if they wanted to do anything about it. I was a cop for 4 years in this city.

ALSO, "stunting" is absolutely a violation in accord with Revised Missouri Statute... read below:

Section A. Chapter 304, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 304.667, to read as follows:

304.667. 1. A person commits the crime of motorcycle stunt driving if such person operates or is a passenger on a motorcycle on the roadways of this state and while operating or being a passenger on such motorcycle performs a dangerous stunt.

2. As used in this section a "dangerous stunt" means any dangerous activity by the operator or passenger of a motorcycle which is being operated on the roadways of this state, including but not limited to the following:

(1) Standing on the seat, frame, or handlebars of a motorcycle;

(2) Performing handstands on the seat, frame, or handlebars of a motorcycle;

(3) Operating a motorcycle on one tire; or

(4) Removing both hands from the handlebars while operating the motorcycle.

3. Motorcycle stunt driving for a first offense is a class C misdemeanor unless the motorcycle did not have a license plate, in which case it is a class A misdemeanor. For a second offense motorcycle stunt driving is a class A misdemeanor unless the motorcycle did not have a license plate, in which case it is a class D felony. For a third or subsequent offense motorcycle stunt driving is a class D felony.

Old 02-14-2007 | 04:56 PM

HAHA! It didnt say anything about standing on the tank! J/K!

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:09 PM

thats why i dont live in missouri...that and the warm weather all year long down here in florida. i remember seeing that somewhere on stuntlife. And, bein a cop for four years as u said, would u really sue ur own police departement...dont u think ur just gonna make it a lil bit worse on yourself?

Old 02-14-2007 | 06:17 PM
Banned

would u really sue ur own police departement...dont u think ur just gonna make it a lil bit worse on yourself?
My police department? It sure as hell isn't mine but in any case my liberties rank priority over any police departments best interest.

And uh... what exactly am I making worse? I don't understand the implication... ?

EDIT: I hardly believe that stunting laws affects anyones decision in regards to where they choose to live.

Old 02-14-2007 | 06:29 PM

one, the stunting laws thing was sarcasm piggly wiggly. two, if u **** of the police u end up gettin messed with even more. three, dont get all pissy bacon man, yes YOUR POLICE DEPARTMENT. U said that u were a cop for 4 YEARS in that town...so yes YOUR POLICE DEPARTMENT, the one u worked for and the one that polices your area. Man, i dont like cops. They always tend to remind me off those guys in high school that were just a lil to into sports and werent that good at them. Well most cops really, not all cops i should say...i have meet some pretty cool cops that tend to let some ****e slide and arent complete ********* about it when they bust u, they just give u a lil hard time is all lol

Old 02-14-2007 | 06:33 PM

Get'em Kid! Get'em!

Quick Reply: wheelies and recklessness