Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whats for Dinner Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats for Dinner Thread

I have officially run out of things to cook for dinner like a year ago. I need some ideas. So in order to spur curiosity this thread is for everyone to post up a good dish that they like to make. Ill go first.

Chicken with Italian White Sauce

Ingredients
[ul][*] Boneless Chicken Breast[*] 1 Box Rotini Pasta[*] 1 Jar of Alfredo Sauce (of your choice, I use a four cheese)[*] 1 Jar of Sun-dried Tomatoes Marinated in Olive Oil (must be in olive oil)[*] 1 tsp Minced Garlic[*] 1 Stick Butter[*] 1/4 Cup Cooking Oil[*] Pinch of Basil[/ul]
Preparation Instructions
[ol][*] Grill chicken on BBQ or stove, cut in small pieces, not chopped, set aside or time with sauce/noodles.[*] Begin cooking rotini noodles.[*] Use a food processor to chop up sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil included, add to a large saute pan on simmer.[*] Add 1 tsp minced garlic.[*] Add 1 stick butter (I have cut this down before, but the taste goes bland. I guess those Italians really like their fatty foods).[*] Add 1/4 cup oil.[*] Add a pinch of basil, rolling it between two palms above the saute pan to grade it finely.[*] Keep saute pan on low simmer to not burn the sun-dried tomatoes, stirring occasionally and lightly.[*] Once the tomatoes have cooked, not burned, add the alfredo sauce and mix in thoroughly, keep on low simmer to warm sauce.[*] Once the sauce is warmed up, the noodles are cooked, and the chicken cut you are ready to serve! Noodle, sauce, then chicken on top. You can also make garlic bread if you prefer; I always do.
[/ol]
This course is really really rich and I guarantee you will be craving leftovers.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Whats for Dinner Thread

Mutton curry and rice........on tonight's menu.YUM
I'd post the spice recipe, but probably very different from what you have in the US, Rrasco !

Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ghetto Pizza

Ingredients
[ul][*]Piece of white bread[*]Jarred spaghetti sauce[*]Can of parmesan cheese[/ul]
Preparation Instructions
[ol][*]Place a piece of white bread on a baking sheet[*]Use a large spoon to evenly spread spaghetti sauce on the surface of the bread[*]Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the bread until it is covered[*]Bake at 425 degrees for 3-5 minutes[/ol]

Old 10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ghetto pizza, lol, actually doesnt sound too bad. Ever try it with another type of cheese?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Ghetto pizza, lol, actually doesnt sound too bad. Ever try it with another type of cheese?
haha...nah. The whole idea is behind it is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! It tastes like Chef Boyardee on a Chef Boyimbroke budget.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Retired Moderator

I've posted this one before, but it is way good and very easy:

Place chicken piecesinto a baking dish. In another bowl, mix 2-3 cans cream of mushroom soup, about 1/2 cup white wine (only cook with wine you would drink), fresh sliced mushrooms. Pour onto chicken. You need enough to cover chicken, and to have as sauce for noodles or rice. Bake at 350 until chicken is done (45-60 minutes). Pull out of oven, and mix in sour cream to taste and consistancy. At this point, you may even want to add more wine...again, depends on your taste. Put back into oven after mixing in sour creamto heat sauce back up if necessary. None of these measurements or quantities are exact, but you get the idea. The majority of the sauce iscream of mushroom soup, a little wine, mushrooms, and a little sour cream mixed in later...makes a delicious sauce. I like to serve over wide egg noodles.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

hell if i know my gf cooks every night,