Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what would happen to you if you got pulled over going 147?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its simple. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Most of us can't claim to be perfect...and have the odd indiscretion. I believe there are far worse crimes that deserve more attention than velocity. No one was harmed in this victimless crime.
The fact that the video was leaked to youtube and may serve to destroy the careers of these indivduals is a bigger crime in my eyes.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Its simple. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Most of us can't claim to be perfect...and have the odd indiscretion. I believe there are far worse crimes that deserve more attention than velocity. No one was harmed in this victimless crime.
The fact that the video was leaked to youtube and may serve to destroy the careers of these indivduals is a bigger crime in my eyes.
I agree with mostly everything. Excecpt for the fact that you know that if it was one of us that was stopped, we'd be in a whole heap more trouble. It isn't about anything other than everybody should be treated (and punished) the same.

From what I know the one guy was already in trouble for something else and was being investigated which was why he was off work.

Would a large speeding ticket end my career? Not likely. I also don't work in law enforcement. Now if I was to download pirated software at work (where I develop software) I would expect that to have a direct affect on my career. In both cases they are illegal to do but the difference is that I am supposed ot be writing software not stealing it. Just like those cops are supposed to be enforcing the speed limit not breaking them.

Honestly, losing their jobs would probably even out the light punishment they walked away with. They'll have to move to an area where they are less known to "start over".

Old 08-13-2009, 07:49 AM

this should not make yall too mad. officer courtesy should not surprise anyone. but it is nice to know that there is a little give with some officers. ive been pulled over after a blast of a ride , prob 50-60 over , and all of the yes sir and no sir and politeness to the officer he then lowered the fine to 5 miles over , told me to be more carefull and off i went. sometimes a little respect can go a long way with the police. Before the hatemail comes, not all officers are fair or just in thier behavior. im glad to see that officers like to blast thier bikes . again, you-tube trashes another career.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM

::facepalm::