Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what would happen to you if you got pulled over going 147?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and people wonder why i dont trust the police, man f!!! the police whats next an off duty officer murders someone and gets off with court costs? all those cops involved should have lost their jobs on the spot no questions asked thats what i think

Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Ftp!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:51 PM

They should be just as nice to me when I pull over for them...

Last edited by MarkF3; 08-10-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Oh... so the police should only speed when they are chasing YOU on a bike. Talk about double standards.
It seems to me if you speed you need to be prepared for the consequences. Big fines for big speed. Some people are lucky or personable enough to catch a break. Why begrudge them for getting away with something most of us have done?
Perhaps we need big brother to step in and think for all of us...no more machines that are capable of exceeding the speed limit. Cameras at all intersections and banks of computers and beaurocrats analysing our every move to penalize us for any action that may seem unsafe or fun. Line up for your tickets now.
Better yet how about strap us to our chairs and force feed us mood altering meds until our desire to do anything that might increase our adrenaline level has waned? Shoot me now... please.
Until then, enjoy the few freedoms we have left. May you all catch a break when you need it.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 AM

Jesus Christ - get the **** over it.

If ANY of you had gotten clocked at 147 and gotten off you would be on here the minute you got home with your dick in your hand posting about how you got away with it, but now that a policeman got away with it you are crying bloody murder - you want to talk about a double standard!!!

Policeman risk their lives for the good of the community, and if a fellow officer let's them get away with something just let it go. If he murdered an infant child that would be different but the guy got caught in a moment of exuberance on a crotch rocket - we've all had them, and most haven't gotten caught. The officer let him go - so what?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 AM

I think the point is...as it is always so stressed upon "all men and women are to be treated equally la la la la B.S. B.S." well the law doesnt follow those same standards. The law can do what they want, when they want and get away with it...its always in movies...this just goes to show that everything you see in movies isn't false...Now yeah some can catch a break and thats great! but 9/10 a Cop is gunna catch a break before any of us would...just my .02 , my im totally wrong but idk...either way I dont like the law or anything they do because they all get a little power and take advantage of it... i know because i got pulled over before and the cop harassed me and my girl and i called the police station to complain for the lack of respect and apparently "The car camera was off or not working that day" yeah b.s. b/c im pretty sure cops keep that s*** on for there own safety same police force let some dude sucker punch my buddy and broke his jaw in 2 places...dude that hit him got off b/c he obviously knows ppl in the force.....

Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Oh... so the police should only speed when they are chasing YOU on a bike. Talk about double standards.
It seems to me if you speed you need to be prepared for the consequences. Big fines for big speed. Some people are lucky or personable enough to catch a break. Why begrudge them for getting away with something most of us have done?
Perhaps we need big brother to step in and think for all of us...no more machines that are capable of exceeding the speed limit. Cameras at all intersections and banks of computers and beaurocrats analysing our every move to penalize us for any action that may seem unsafe or fun. Line up for your tickets now.
Better yet how about strap us to our chairs and force feed us mood altering meds until our desire to do anything that might increase our adrenaline level has waned? Shoot me now... please.
Until then, enjoy the few freedoms we have left. May you all catch a break when you need it.
No, nobody should be speeding period. Especially not that fast. That is the point. I really think the only acceptable time for anybody to speed is a cop chasing somebody. Which there should be less and less of a need for that given that there are helicopters and stop strips etc. No need to compound the safety issue of the speeder by adding more speeding metal boxes to the mix.

This is an example of trying to invalidate the actual basis for why most of us are pissed of by taken everything to a ludicrous extreme to diminish the point of the real argument. Yes, lets post cameras and all kinds of crap all over the place to fix the problem.

The only fix that needs to be applied is that everybody both cops and joe blow get held to the same standards for what the law says. You break it, it doesn't matter who you are you suffer the same consequences as everybody else would. No ifs, ands, buts, or special treatment.

"It seems to me if you speed you need to be prepared for the consequences." Exactly the point. The Cop was speeding. Almost 2.5 times over the limit. Calls for some pretty hefty consequences eh? Not the $150 fine, 6 months suspended license (with stupid driving privileges, they shouldn't have ANYTHING).

Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 AM

I've paid for my speeding in the past...never argued a ticket. I have earned every ticket I got. I was at the controls...and there have been many times when I deserved one and there was no law enforcement around to give me one. That was my break.
BIG COUNTRY small population. They can't watch it all all the time. As a certified adrenaline junkie I do speed.
I try to avoid getting caught doing it.
I have heard of examples of joe blows getting off too... The officer used a little discretion when deciding whether or not a particular incident constituted dangerous driving.
Let me ask you this...do you participate in any activities with your co-workers outside of work? Would all the activities hold up to public scrutiny? Would you record them and put them on youtube for all to see and judge?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Let me ask you this...do you participate in any activities with your co-workers outside of work? Would all the activities hold up to public scrutiny? Would you record them and put them on youtube for all to see and judge?
Yes. Yes. and Yes. What is your point?

I never said I didn't speed. It doesn't mean that I should. It also means if I do get caught that I have to pay the fine and accept my points and insurance increase.

And seriously, 147 ISN'T dangerous? I really don't think discretion comes into play. Going 5, 10, or 15 over? Yeah, sure discretion away.

Quick Reply: what would happen to you if you got pulled over going 147?