Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Happened To Spring Time???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Happened To Spring Time???

Unreal...We went from 55 to 60 degrees...right to 90-95! It was only supposed to be 80ish so Trajik9, Myself and another guy on a Kawi (Cough cough) figured we'd take a cruise up the Coast. That wasn't to bad until we came back and decided to take another lap around the Boulevard...Bad, Bad idea! I was sweating my Bag off, shutting the bike down, pushing every now and then...Sucked! So at one point I took the helmet off, jacket, gloves...then had to quickly put everything back on cause the Cop pulled out of line and took off. SWEET! GO GO GO!!! So a half hour later we finally make it to the Highway and head for home. I get into 3rd and have some room ahead. So I buckled the arms a lil and went through some gears. Now I'm screaming right along and my Helmet starts to rise off my head. WTF??? Hey...Dumbass...Buckle your Helmet next time! So anyways, after 2 hours of stop and go, I think I'm good for the rest of the year. Don't think I'll be heading back to the Beach any time soon, what a FN nightmare!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 AM

@Hangfire, lolz

Yeah this weather is crazy, supposed to drop back 20 degrees down the middle of next week.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Springs over, you missed it. We're into fall now, better start planning out winterizing and storing your bike for the winter before it's too late.

At least thats how it feels here in MN. Winter just won't let go. 80+ and sunny followed by 4 days that don't break 50 and a couple lows below freezing, feh.
We rode with a guy from MN Yesterday (Kawi Guy)...he says you guys in MN don't see warm weather until June for crying out loud. Guess I shouldn't complain huh!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Dude I hear ya'. Here in TX I would ride into work in the morning wearing my winter gear since it would be 40 out and the ride home would be around 70-75... 30+ temp swings suck.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:56 PM

ive noticed that the past couple of years, it goes from snowing in april to hot weather within a week. It sucks, I love the springtime for riding when its warm enough but not so much that your sweating in your gear.

I also feel you with riding at the beach, I live close to the beach and when i first got my bike i would take occasional cruises down there to check out the scene and the ladies, but now i avoid it like the plauge unless my bare feet are touching the sand.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM

It was in the 60's and 70's here during the winter.
Now that its spring, its snowed more than during the winter.