Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

To call someone an idiot for not wearing gear every time they hjop on their bike is a bit presumptious.

My point wasn't that his opinon will change, rather he would have more experience to base his opinons from. Until you've ridden through every type of weather, you never know how you'll respond to it.

I wear gloves, jeans and boots EVERY time I ride. I figure this, if I go down/get hit, the only thing leather will do is prevent road rash...

Wounds heal and chicks dig scars.

Again, remember the probability is low that you'll ever be seriously injured on a bike. It's not much different than a car. In fact, I was reading some statistics once that showed you were more likely to **** yourself from being drunk than being in a major vehicle accident. Do you wear Depends every time you get hammered?

Don't get down on people for not wearing full gear, get down on them for riding like idiots.

Choose your fights.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Do you wear Depends every time you get hammered?

Don't get down on people for not wearing full gear, get down on them for riding like idiots.
i sure dont wear depends, well said bro!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Wait-----i'm the only one that wears depends when i'm hammered?????

You should really try it....there's nothin like crappin in your pants with a beer in your hand. And the look on your face is usually pretty priceless, especially if you're standin up.

-Adam

Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well one statistic was stated correctly. We are 34 times more likely to be in a accident than in our cars. Yes leather will only prevent road rashand you evidentally never had any. but hey its your skin if you want to be stupid enough to have ground away have at it. I'll dust myself off while you are bein airlifted to the nearest mediacl center. Thats the diff in wearing gear or not.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:40 AM

You all know what I'm talking about. Dudes (and ladies) who wear nothing but a t shirt whilst riding road bikes. Every time I see them it gives me shivers!! They must have no idea what horrific lifelong scarring awaits them after they go sliding on the blacktop for the first time. Amazingly dumb and DUMBER!! Sad but true.((
Not all of us are into the Power Ranger look [8D]

Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OJ, i understand your intent for this post, but its a lost cause. remember......"to each, their own". let people ride how they wanna ride, its their body, their bike! i NEVER leave my house w/o a helmet, leather jacket, leather gloves, and over the ankle boots! it doesnt matter if its 2 degrees, or 102 degrees........i always wear the above! those are all my personal choice. no one makes me wear them, i choose to dress for the wreck, not the ride. people are gonna ride however they want, so let them worry about their own bodies/bikes. the arguement has been brought up on here time after time.......and there never is any grey area......its always black/white!

ride your own ride, i guess.

and hey hatebreed....im getting those icon knee/shin guards for my bday next week, lol. i never wear riding pants.....dont have any. so my sis is hooking me up w/ those. i plan on slipping them under my pants EVERY time i go out riding! i'll let ya know how they are, brotha!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Retired Moderator

Hey Jay...pm me after you have taken a few rides. I'd really like to know what you think of them.

I would like to say that everyone can make their own choice. Some are more responsible than others, and some choices you can only make once. I am lacking riding pants, but I wear everything else full time. Even if I am going down to the store that is five minutes away. I took an OSHA class for work a few years back. They stressed that accidents happen when you don't expect them. You never plan an accident. To be able to forsee whenI door don't need to worry about something happening tome onthe bike is beyond my abilities. I'll gear up...but that is just my personal choice.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: OJ

You all know what I'm talking about. Dudes (and ladies) who wear nothing but a t shirt whilst riding road bikes. Every time I see them it gives me shivers!! They must have no idea what horrific lifelong scarring awaits them after they go sliding on the blacktop for the first time. Amazingly dumb and DUMBER!! Sad but true.((
Out of all the sperm that could have made it, the stupid one found the egg [:@]

Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you voodoo, I don't ride anywhere without all my gear. I normally only wear riding pants while on long rides (hill country), but I don't ride with anything less than a lid, jacket, gloves, and boots. Ill take it around the apt complex without a jacket on while im working on it, but I still wear my lid and gloves just in case. I try to advise people they need to wear gear, but if they don't, hey, its not my skin, literally. Even friends and family I have ask when I get somewhere, why are you wearing all that crap? I just let them know I like my skin where it is and don't want part of my butt cheek grafted onto my face.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Wait-----i'm the only one that wears depends when i'm hammered?????

You should really try it....there's nothin like crappin in your pants with a beer in your hand. And the look on your face is usually pretty priceless, especially if you're standin up.

-Adam
LOL

Don't know why they call them depends...their not that dependable

Quick Reply: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??