Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Weird smells

Old 03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Where I grew up as a kid, we had a soy bean processing plant (ADM) - Decatur Il (it was where the movie "The Informant" was shot and based). The entire town smelled terrible because of it. It smelt like sulfur. But if you asked any one in the town what it smelled like - they'd answer "Smells like money."

Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conrice
Where I grew up as a kid, we had a soy bean processing plant (ADM) - Decatur Il (it was where the movie "The Informant" was shot and based). The entire town smelled terrible because of it. It smelt like sulfur. But if you asked any one in the town what it smelled like - they'd answer "Smells like money."
I have a mate who runs nz largest horse trekking facility, they have a cook out there from Korea. Any way my mate got upset when he noticed a change in the flavour of the food. When he asked the cook he was told that there was some sort of shortage in the soy bean supply so to stretch out the soy sauce they added in micro shavings of Asian jet black hair to the soy mix,, and hence why the cook stopped using soy sauce in the food. That was a few years back now but I wasn't surprised when I was told about it.
You don't have black hair do u Conrice?.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi born
I have a mate who runs nz largest horse trekking facility, they have a cook out there from Korea. Any way my mate got upset when he noticed a change in the flavour of the food. When he asked the cook he was told that there was some sort of shortage in the soy bean supply so to stretch out the soy sauce they added in micro shavings of Asian jet black hair to the soy mix,, and hence why the cook stopped using soy sauce in the food. That was a few years back now but I wasn't surprised when I was told about it.
You don't have black hair do u Conrice?.
Hahahahaha, Wow! No I don't have black hair. That's crazy!