CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

weird noise from right side, boggs , weird spark

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise from right side, boggs , weird spark

well here is the issue that i am dealing with right now, i bought a "project" quad that had a CBR600 F2 engine on it, i am about to remove the engine and keep as a spare for my 94 . but there are some issues with this engine, when i first start it with the chocke is starts after about a second or so of cranking, it sounds weird compared to my CBR and when i try to rev-it up a little it either boggs alot or just dies.. i tried cleaning the carbs, re-gapping the plugs , checked all the witring etc.. when i got this thing it dint have a rectifier so its running on battery juice alone . the spark seems to be weak and even after a few minutes of warming up it still boggs to the pint that if i give it more than 1/4 throttle it just dies.. also has some weird noise coming from the right side of the engine (cam chain area) after a minute of idling ... any advise???
thank you in advance..

A.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would you describe the weird noise as a buzzing or ticking sound? what kind of plugs are you running? have you connected a rectifier to it? Is a good amount of gas coming out of the petcock?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the noise is a bit of a clicking sound on the cam chain side , i did notice that the hydraulic tensioner is too soft as the chain moves it back when the engine stops running.... also the 2 exhaust pipes closest to the cam chain are mostly cold while the other 2 on the oposite side get nice and hot pretty quick as they should.. i tested the coils and both have the same spark.. i have not located a rectifier yet so i am not sure if it will make a diference or not. plenty of fuel on the tank and flows pretty good.. it sounds like its bogging down like it was out of fuel or something but it has plenty and the carbs have a fresh rebuild.. i also noticed that one of the carbs is not doing any "suction" when i am cranking it ( no carbs installed) .. i might just have to go trough the whole engine to see whats the deal with it..