Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Weird smells

Old 03-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird smells

Thought I,d start a bit of a thread to find out what sort of odd and unusual smells have hit your noses while out on your bikes..

Name:  DA58852D-240C-42FF-AE9D-66A00BC35420_zpsqi6c8lus.gif
Views: 902
Size:  10.2 KB

I'd imagine there would be some pretty damn funny stories.
Here in NZ I'm often finding myself heading down the highway smelling the car in fronts weed fumes, seems they have no idea. I've also (just the other day) riding up the coast been caught in what can only be described what smelt like rotting fish guts with a horsey crap type smell mixed in. It made me gag n wanna chuck in my helmet, Last a good few KM,s and was certain I'd need my leathers aired for a week.

That's my bit,
If you have a story to share I like to read it

Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Just yesterday I forgot and burped while wearing my helmet just after eating Mexican. Smelled like rotten Chorizo.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whenever I ride past a hog farm there's a distinctive smell in the air, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Also, if I see a dead skunk in the road I try to hold my breath for 30 seconds or so until I'm way past it.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Whenever I ride past a hog farm there's a distinctive smell in the air, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Also, if I see a dead skunk in the road I try to hold my breath for 30 seconds or so until I'm way past it.
Glad we don't have that kind of road kill in NZ

Old 03-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got stuck behind a cattle truck in summer in bumper to bumper traffic. the semi trailer full of cows had crap oozing down the sides of it from the air holes, 90 degrees out just sitting there fermenting in the air around me, not even washing my helmet pads got the smell out

Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Welcome Crew

I got stuck behind a gut truck for about 30 miles last August. It was on its way to the dog food plant.... That's a whole other smell I hate. Really glad I don't have to ride that ride anymore

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
Got stuck behind a cattle truck in summer in bumper to bumper traffic. the semi trailer full of cows had crap oozing down the sides of it from the air holes, 90 degrees out just sitting there fermenting in the air around me, not even washing my helmet pads got the smell out
We get a lot of cattle trucks here in nz also and you have to stay way back or you end up covered in $h/t droplets. Also the loggers here are worse with loose bark etc falling off the logs. Gotta watch them suckers

Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

living here in Charleston, SC...depending on the wind direction you get a nice whiff of the papermills....

Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by ikhoudvanu199
living here in Charleston, SC...depending on the wind direction you get a nice whiff of the papermills....
A town near me, kawaero or something like that,, it's a Maori name, has a pulp and paper mill. Smells like eggy farts. Feel for you on the windy days champ

Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome Crew

Originally Posted by Kiwi born
We get a lot of cattle trucks here in nz also and you have to stay way back or you end up covered in $h/t droplets. Also the loggers here are worse with loose bark etc falling off the logs. Gotta watch them suckers
Gotta love the sulfur smell of paper mills. They had one in st. Mary's as a kid. Hated that smell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird smells