Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Waving from a car

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bambam
the best wave is to the kids, kids love to see bikes, i always entertain the yoots...
werd. always gives me a good chuckle when you wave back at the kids and they go nuts.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:43 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny story about this I just got my tinted screen for my helmet and since my bikes is torn apart I couldnt ride... So my wife and i were going to my grandmas and feeling motorcycle sick I put my helmet on while we drove through town... I was sitting in the pass seat and we pulled up to a stop sign and some kids yelled nice race car I just looked at em and gave em a friendly thumbs up.... they thought it was the coolest thing ever hahaha

Old 05-12-2010, 09:56 AM

First day at a new school I gave my daughter a ride on the bike... she was recieved like a rock star. There was a whole school yard full of kids standing there with their mouths hanging open.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
Funny story about this I just got my tinted screen for my helmet and since my bikes is torn apart I couldnt ride... So my wife and i were going to my grandmas and feeling motorcycle sick I put my helmet on while we drove through town... I was sitting in the pass seat and we pulled up to a stop sign and some kids yelled nice race car I just looked at em and gave em a friendly thumbs up.... they thought it was the coolest thing ever hahaha
LOL my friend and i were changing our oil and had our riding jackets on to stop the bugs from biting us. Well we had to run to the store and i felt like a dork wearing my jacket in the car. We started joking about riding downtown with full gear and bobbin our heads to a super statiky radiostation. How we would slam the gas from a stop trying to get a montero sport to wheelie. lol

And +1 on kid waves. Always make me feel like a hero. haha

To the OP i have had some people throw a peace sign out the window and ill wave back unless they are about to hit me doin it. Then its somethin not so nice. lol

Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
believe you're looking for: courtesy.
yup, that is the one. Damn "e" got the best of me. dunno what the spell check was doing, need to look it up on the thesaurus. lol.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only wave from the car if I'm feeling flirtatious.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
the funny thing is , you wave to be courteous and show your love for the sport, who cares if some a$$ clown on a bike dont wave. your either a waver or your not, but dont let it **** ya off if ya dont get a wave back. i wave or nod and move on my way. besides half of the peeps out there shouldnt take their eyes off the road or take a hand off the bars...peece
Just to clarify, I don't get offended if someone doesn't return my wave. I'm just curious about that biker subculture. Do they not wave at anyone? Do they only wave to other cruisers? Do they only not wave to sportbikes? Etc.

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
dunno what the spell check was doing, need to look it up on the thesaurus. lol.
Spell check doesn't flag "curtsy" because it's what women do on stage at the end of a performance or in proper times when meeting someone.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:38 PM

I wave or nod at everyone no matter what kinda bike and whether they wave back or not. I catch myself all the time doing "the nod" in my car.