Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Undecided about riding again

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Undecided about riding again

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Yes fourth-generation Marine, do you have a question, if so just PM me

Naw. I just couldnt remember if you were active duty or not.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Friend and Hero ...

YES my primary MOS is 0321 Reconnaissance Marine and The 8654 is a 2ND MOS designation, Which Stands for a Reconnaissance Parachute / Diver Certified Marine Also Hold another MOS 8551 As a Martial Arts Instructor. I am on medical leave, but that is a complicated story andit istechnically inactive status hopefully this is very temporary situation

Old 09-20-2007, 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

hi poet, nice to finally read a post from the wife with the heroic husband

personally, i have been on the board for a few months and hardcorp always seems to know what to say in that he takes responsibility for his actions and makes no excuses. he has a good head on his shoulders and knows what he is saying....it's very comendable. his comments now are no exception. i haven't ridden nearly as long, but i have a friend who went down, told me he would never ride, and recently decided he would, given some time.

i can't imagine the fear of going down. I am sure i will one day, but for now, i can only imagine. but like everything else in life, nothing is 100%. there is nothing saying you will be perfect from here on out, but i have come to the conclusion that life is short and that no matter what, you need to do what you enjoy (excluding crazy things like base jumping, that's just nuts!!)

give it time, there is nothing saying you have to come back now, in a month, 6 months or even a year....but don't tell yourself you are giving up now because that would be a shame for you to lose something you enjoyed so much....

take the course and start slow....no highways, no twisties, just get your confidence back....just find the joy in riding again and i am sure everything will work out...

best of luck and i hope you're feeling better.
took the words right out of my mouth, fingers. that's exactly what i wanted to say. hope you and your hubby are doing ok. get back on the bike but take your time, always wear gear, and be a defensive rider. good luck with everything. don't give up this passion of riding for the fear of going down.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 AM

I don't know how bad your wreck was, but after my highside, I was off the bike a grand total of a week, but my shoulder still hurts every now and then as a reminder to me to take it easier. Just make sure your injuries don't impair your ability to ride safely.
ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

I'm sorry I'm who I am 24/7 365 days a year from time to time I let my temper get the best of me. And I have been officially reprimanded more than once for speaking my mind, a $50 fine doesn't sound like much but when you get passed over for promotion because of it. You realize you pay long-term, but that's the price you pay for being a straight shooter. Let me stop before I start really venting
I can deal with a straight-shooter, being one myself, but it's the devisive ***** who say one thing and mean another who really **** me off. I never take anyone seriously on teh intardnetz, anyway.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Hello, and welcome! Your husband has taught me many things, some of which were about CBR. You have taught me about human compassion coupled with self preservation. Good job on the 911 phone call! I hope you'll keep on keepin' on. Laters, G.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:55 AM

I'm new here so i have no idea what happended to you guys, but I'm gald you both made it out alive. A buddy on mine died on a bike about 3.5 years ago and i said I would never ride street-I have been riding dirt for 23 years. This year I just realized that everything happens for a reason and if God want it to happen it will. you can get killed just walking down the road or riding in your car. I so do not want to go down or crash, but I know it can happen and it's risk I take every time I get on the bike.

I say start slow, but if you love rideing as much as it seems you do then get back on it and have fun. Just always ride careful and don't over do it.