Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Still riding?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still riding?

I live in Indiana.. its been below 40 here in the morning and at night.. I'm still riding.

A little under 12k miles since springtime..

I was born and raised in alaska, although thats not why I can tolerate the cold I just have all the lightweight winter gear I need to stay warm and I love to ride.. I plan on doing so until it snows or it's just too dangerous.

Whats the weather like where everyone is at? and are you still riding?

Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parked at the end of October. It's not the temperature that gets me, its the non-stop rain.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Rode today. Upper 70's to low 80's. Not bad for almost December!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CorruptFile
Parked at the end of October. It's not the temperature that gets me, its the non-stop rain.
Definitely, non stop rain would suck..

Originally Posted by 74demon
Rode today. Upper 70's to low 80's. Not bad for almost December!
thats beautiful riding weather! lol

Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snow is coming on Tuesday here in NJ. I'll probably ride to work one last time tomorrow and consider taking the batteries out. Good on you for keeping with it.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM

im in indiana as well, last thursday was my last day riding for a while. would keep riding but im away at school and bike is back home. But heated grips is definitely on the list of mods to do this winter =]

Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM

Around me it was dropping into the low teens at night and getting up to 40 or 50 for a few hours a day when I rode last. I rode home on the highway for about six hours going north. I just got unlucky and due to some delays had to ride for about two hours in the dark, and cold.

Still fun though, but I'm done for now, bike is stored in a nice heated basement

Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i ive in boston and the temp are chilly anywhere between 30-50 depending on the time of day and weather cycle.. either way i'm still riding!! i took all the pads out of my leather jacket because i've been putting on a one peice construction suit under the jacket.. basically have my normal cloths on under all that too and i'm pretty toasty...the one peice is like a ugly beige but its been keeping me on the road and comfortable. actually heres a pic..and then i throw my leather on top so i dont look like a hotdog riding down the road..

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM

I'm in the UK and ride to and from work every day, even through the floods, We have ad a few frosty mornings so my fingers are getting real numb but I'm hard as! Lol no just stupid!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

yes, i've been enduring the cold lately. when i woke up yesterday for example, it was a "bone chilling" 59 degrees...luckily for me, the sun helped push the temps up to a better, yet still intolerable 80 degrees around noon. by then - i was finally able to somewhat feel my fingers again. i knew i better make it somewhat of a quick day - as the local forecasters said it could get all the way down to a "mind numbingly cold" 68 degrees by sundown! i know what your thinking - and the answer is YES, i did have multiple layers on including some sweatshirts underneath my riding jacket and of course i was wearing long johns under my jeans to help my legs cope with the harsh elements of mother nature's brutal winters that occur in southwest florida. again, luck was on my side. i do not have winter riding gloves, but i was able to warm my frostbitten hands from the 72 degree weather on top of the motor while waiting at stoplights on the way home - which were frequent (thank god). luckily, i beat the rapid insidious drop in temperature home and did not have to .....

okay, i'm done now. i feel bad for all of you northerners that have to ride in that seriously cold weather. i used to ride in some cold temps that on occasion would happen in tallahassee, but luckily, it'd only be about a week of really cold temps. i can't imagine having to park the bike for months on end.

Last edited by Conrice; 11-27-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Still riding?