Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Uncomfortable moments...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Uncomfortable moments...

My response: "What?! Just because I'm Asian, you automatically think I play Chinese Checkers?"
so do you play it?

edit:

maybe it is just called checkers in your land.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

My response: "What?! Just because I'm Asian, you automatically think I play Chinese Checkers?"
so do you play it?

edit:

maybe it is just called checkers in your land.
LOL!!

I played a couple times when I was a wee little lad.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Many years ago, I went thru training with an older gentleman named Bill, this guy was extremely smart, sorta quiet but very opinionated when he did talk. One evening we all showered up early and were sitting around waiting on time to go home andBill gets on the subject of race... it becomes very clear that he was extremely racist. He sat there for what must have been 45 minutes delivering his racist rant to me and another guy. When he got to a point of pause, I turned and looked at the other guy and said; Bill doesn't know that my wife is black does he? Well it looked like all the blood drained out of Bills face because he turned grey as ash and he set there for about 15 seconds not knowing what to do or say. He finally reached over and touched me and said, Please tell me that you're messing with me.........I was messing with him, my wife was not black. I dont think I have ever seen anyone who wanted to just dissapear as bad as Bill did in those few seconds.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Rod38um

Many years ago, I went thru training with an older gentleman named Bill, this guy was extremely smart, sorta quiet but very opinionated when he did talk. One evening we all showered up early and were sitting around waiting on time to go home andBill gets on the subject of race... it becomes very clear that he was extremely racist. He sat there for what must have been 45 minutes delivering his racist rant to me and another guy. When he got to a point of pause, I turned and looked at the other guy and said; Bill doesn't know that my wife is black does he? Well it looked like all the blood drained out of Bills face because he turned grey as ash and he set there for about 15 seconds not knowing what to do or say. He finally reached over and touched me and said, Please tell me that you're messing with me.........I was messing with him, my wife was not black. I dont think I have ever seen anyone who wanted to just dissapear as bad as Bill did in those few seconds.

oh man that is just awesome....i can't imagine the feeling he had when you said that.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Rod38um

I've been there. Plus, my wife's 1st and middle name is "Talia Charise", so I just back up that "My wife is black" statement with "Her name is Talia Charise, what color do you think she is?"

Even better, a good friend of mine is Hispanic, and adopted into a Jewish family. He obviously doesn't look Jewish, and uses it to his advantage every time he catches someone ranting about Jews. He'll listen, nod along, and then drop the "You know I'm Jewish, right?". No matter what the reaction, it's always classic. Best was when he got this racist ***** who replied "Being a spic is bad enough, why would you say you're a kike too?" I still make fun of him to this day about that one.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM

I thought by uncomfortable moments you were refering to things along these lines

The hulk rubbingsun tanlotion on his daughter

Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way more uncomfortable is the fact that his new girlfriend looks just like his daughter and is on the young side.