Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which bike should I take to the Track?
Yolanda, the BMW s1000rr
25.00%
Ororo, the CBR F4i
75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

track day: Yolanda or Ororo

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should post pics man of the bikes man!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.....k.....

First off, making Ororo "track ready" (for my purposes) is well within both my wallet's and my mechanical skills capabilities. So there's plenty in the "table scraps" to upgrade her suspension, install a trailer hitch on the Edge, buy a full 1 piece suit and buy a Versa-Haul for either

Second, I bought Yoile for a couple reasons but the biggest one being her electronic aids. While I know where my own mental limits are I don't know where the actual ones are. Or even the perceived limits of others are. DTC and ABS are great aids in finding them. And would be an asset on the track. Seeing either light come on is a personal failure to me, failing to control the throttle or braking. And i don't see either regardless of mpde any more. Used as learning aids, as I use them, in an environment that should be sand / paint free (or have someone pointing it out) would be a huge asset.

Third, despite being monstrously overpowered for the street / track / wide open salt plains speed track the s1000rr is very street-able. And when have ANY of y'all known me to be concerned about power?

The whole poll maybe be moot however, tipping the scales heavily toward Ororo hitting the track...

What I thought was cosmetic surgery actually has Yolie on life-support. There's frame damage, requiring a new frame from Germany. Which is $4,000 for the frame alone. While insurance will cover a street wreck, that type of damage on a track would end Yolie's track career quick. I can repair an F4i of almost any kind of damage for prolly 1/10th of the BMW's total damage. Or replace it for half, getting an F4i that'd look beautiful on the street.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what your getting at with Oreo, and to a point I am with ya, BUT you bought the Bimmer, so use its potential.

Now that Yolie is on "life-support" kind of makes you wish you might have taken it to the track.. at least once.... That's all I am saying. Spent $17K (with $4k in damage repairs.. are those numbers right raylee) and haven't even tip-toed into the potential of the bike... seems like a waste to me. You even said you bought it for the electronic aids was the biggest reason, but you don't want to use the electronic aids, actually it frustrates you on the street??? Take it to a track so you can see "it light up" and use the bike for what the biggest reason you bought it. Or just ride it around town. I ain't hollering at you, I just want to see you track the Bimmer, that's all.
Maybe you should've bought a Goldwing, they have lots of electronics.

Nice dig at yourself about the paint / sand and someone pointing it out..