Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

If Ororo hated commuting...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default If Ororo hated commuting...

Yolie absolutely LOATHES it. New job's office is about 5 miles away and all city streets. To get on the highway, I have to go waaaaay outta my way. And if I put Yolie in 2nd gear on the current route to work... she might stall in some places

I need a new work route! How do Guy's with liter bikes deal with this crap?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i would think she should pull out in second as easily as ororo does in first, and the added power should make moving in and out of holes easier. but riding in city traffic is still pretty much like making a thoroughbred racehorse walk backwards. i probably get more frustrated in my cage, because i can't dart in and out as easily but i still have to deal with the same morons.
just yesterday, got stuck behind an old lady with a handicap tag smoking a cigarette and talking on the cell phone. still don't know what karma was mad at me for.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I have to go waaaaay outta my way.
anyways, this is what riding is all about

Old 02-18-2012, 09:50 AM

Lol I dunno why Karma's pissed at me either but every time I take that route with Yolie, I barely hit 25. When I take it with the Edge, I can push much harder.

And yeah, even restricted Yolie pulls like a leashed beast. In Sport mode, dtc keeps the front down / rear from spinning at 1/2-3/4 throttle. Don't really know cause that amount of throttle is completely unnecessary on the street

Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yolie absolutely LOATHES it. New job's office is about 5 miles away and all city streets. To get on the highway, I have to go waaaaay outta my way. And if I put Yolie in 2nd gear on the current route to work... she might stall in some places

go faster.... but commuting is just that... commuting - it's not what a hyperbike is for, so it's not going to be much fun. just take the long ways home. a 14mi commute home regularly turns into a 150mi spirited ride home for me

and i feel absolutely helpless when i have to cage it to work... i HATE it... i don't know how people JUST drive a car

Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to have to ride 10 blocks across town to work, that was even worse. I couldnt go above 25-30 and EVERY single time id be pumped and excited to ride only to realize 5 minutes later that i was there and had to park. Never failed. But like conrice said id usually make a detour on the way home so i could at least have a little fun.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:46 AM

Same here, I live 0.9 miles from work, so I'm at work in about a minute, but my ride home is usually about 40-50 miles long.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Lol I try. 17 miles for a pack of cigarettes, gas and a bag of chips

Old 02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

You'll figure it out. I deal with it by staying in 1st gear. Like Conrice said, you are riding a super bike in a major city -- not the best combination.

Anyways,
Check out the weather for Wednesday!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Commuting on a liter bike should be as easy as it gets. Gear shifts are almost optional and lugging around at low very rpms quite painless.

I can't imagine how that beemer has become so problematic for you, I hope you work it out, its a beautiful bike.

Quick Reply: If Ororo hated commuting...