Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which bike should I take to the Track?
Yolanda, the BMW s1000rr
25.00%
Ororo, the CBR F4i
75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

track day: Yolanda or Ororo

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No I havent forgotten the 190hp lurking under Yolie's "nowhere near innocent" looks. Race mode's 1-1 throttle response gives subtle reminders just how obscenely fast she is. And quite honestly, I don't have the reaction time built up to ride in Race mode consistently. Too many distractions working on throttle control and steering inputs.

Flipside is that while TC isn't a "Get Out of Lowside Free" card it does correct throttle mistakes very well. My lowside wasn't throttle nor braking error. At the worst it was judgement error on my part for leaning too hard on that corner with the sand & paint.

Good points so far though guys. Still waiting for someone to say "F4i cause there's no point showing up with the most powerful bike on the track to ride it the slowest ". Suppose Nate will turn up later

Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pretty much agree with everyone else for nearly the same reasons. I just couldn't stand the thought of dumping that bike. Heck, I won't even trackday my bike and its turd compared to your machine.

I think my main concern would be the track itself. While its certainly safer than wicking it up on the street, the temptation to push the bike to its limits on a track is too great. Your bound to find those limits sooner or later, or how else do you know where they are? And at the end of the day, you don't want to be picking up your bike out of the grass and thinking to yourself " I wish I would have ridden my other bike today".

Besides, Your F4i should be more than enough to get the adreneline pumping.

Of course, the wispers of " holy crap, this nutjob is running a S1000RR. He must be a stud." Might be worth it. If ya need that sort of ego boost

Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by justasquid
I pretty much agree with everyone else for nearly the same reasons. I just couldn't stand the thought of dumping that bike. Heck, I won't even trackday my bike and its turd compared to your machine.
great point, and its the same thing here, i would NEVER track my repsol and i sure as hell won't track the fighter. i'll build a cheap SV or something with some USD forks and stuff for the track when i get the money to go

and i have way less in both bikes than you do the s1000r.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio

Good points so far though guys. Still waiting for someone to say "F4i cause there's no point showing up with the most powerful bike on the track to ride it the slowest ". Suppose Nate will turn up later
Well dammit now I have nothing left to contribute...

Thanks Kuro

Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM

i voted f4i for reason previously stated.
But, id say go with the beamer once you are confident with your track skils. simply because whats the point in having all that power to solely ride it on the street.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM

I am the 1 of 2 at the moment. My only question/reasoning is.... why "pay that much" and get a bike "with all that power" to just use it on the street. It has "built-in options for track" so use it. Don't spend any money on the F4i and a "suspension set-up." You just spent like $13K (or so) for a "race/track ready bike". It is capable of "owning the track" so put that motherfather to use and use it as a track bike. If you are going to drop it, drop it doing 90 mph in a 55 mph turn at turn #8 at the track, instead of on Ghetto Dr., Philly, PA on 'crosswalk paint and sand'.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:50 PM

^ i'm with Stupid.

Trey has a point - besides you already put her down once - might as well run her for what she was meant for.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justasquid
Of course, the wispers of " holy crap, this nutjob is running a S1000RR. He must be a stud." Might be worth it. If ya need that sort of ego boost
Considering he'll be in B group and the S1kRR is becoming seen a lot more often at track days, the whispers might be at a minimum.

The culmination of the suggestions here is the simple question, "Which bike would you rather crash?" Let's hope it doesn't happen, but it does happen for all the reasons GotCBR posted in the first response and guess what? You're beat, no insurance, no warranty, just thousands in repair costs and a payment for a broken machine to look forward to the following month. My S1000RR won't see the track until it's paid off and I've got an awesome street bike to match (mmm... speed triple).

Yeah, it'd be bad *** and yeah, you'd swallow up anything and everything down the back stretch, but you can either listen to these nimrods who are telling you to go for broke when it's not their own bikes they're willing to risk or you can listen to guys who have been around it and seen what happens.

BTW, Trey, it's a "$17k bike".

Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by raylee
but you can either listen to these nimrods who are telling you to go for broke when it's not their own bikes they're willing to risk or you can listen to guys who have been around it and seen what happens.

BTW, Trey, it's a "$17k bike".
I wouldn't spend $17K on a motorcycle first off, but to each their own.

$13K..$17K,to ride around town and poke around some highways is a waste in my nimrod opinion. If I blew $17K on a motorcycle, I would get my $17K out of it and use it to it's potential is what I am saying. I am not saying "take it to a track and peg the throttle and ride like a nimrod."

Spend $17K on a bike, then take another $2K and put it into ANOTHER motorcycle to make it a "track bike", when the $17K bike is handicapable of a track, that makes sense. Should have spent some of the $17K on making first bike "track bike" and you would've had some left over, with that logic.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
I am the 1 of 2 at the moment. My only question/reasoning is.... why "pay that much" and get a bike "with all that power" to just use it on the street. It has "built-in options for track" so use it. Don't spend any money on the F4i and a "suspension set-up." You just spent like $13K (or so) for a "race/track ready bike". It is capable of "owning the track" so put that motherfather to use and use it as a track bike. If you are going to drop it, drop it doing 90 mph in a 55 mph turn at turn #8 at the track, instead of on Ghetto Dr., Philly, PA on 'crosswalk paint and sand'.

I voted w/o reading the posts first, and was shocked to see the results.

I agree with Trey. You may be the slowest person on the track, with the most powerful bike, but you will be having the most fun.

He made a good point it is a 'race' ready bike, its MADE to be on a track not in the city!

Although I have no idea how you ride, I dont think you'll drop it if you take it easy.

Quick Reply: track day: Yolanda or Ororo