Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Took the bike out today

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the bike out today

Hey guys, took the bike out for the first time in about 4 months. I got it up and running this morning, has a slight miss at low rpms/backfire to it at higher rpms but i believe thats due to the carbs sitting up for so long, a little carb cleaner or a few adjustments and we should be good. It still has expired cali tags and i dont have a tx motorcycle permit but it was to pretty not to go for a short ride, i went around the block a few times and put it up but it felt great even the short ride i took. It was also very windy today so that made riding a little difficult but it was worth it. the wife took a few pics of us (yes she likes to work on it to, she will get down there with me turning a wrench and wouldnt have it any other way) getting it up and running and me going around the apt's a few times making sure everything was kosher before i took it on the highway, before long im gonna need a new chain and sprocket but for now the old one will do.=) ill post the pics and the short video when she gets finished editing them

Old 02-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: Took the bike out today

I took my bike out last night for the first time in forever...today we have 5 inches of snow...tonight we are spose to get 18 more.....Wisconsin=GAY

Old 02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: NicIsSlick
Wisconsin=GAY
But you make alot of cheese...that counts for something, I guess. It rained like a s_ittin' a$$ tropical storm here. Two days ago it snowed, and five days before that, I was on my bike. The weather around here is on crack!

Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

here in northern cali the weather has been weird (really frustrating too) we'll have 1-2 days of pure sun and nice weather (about 65-70 degrees) then we will go about 3-4 days with rain and high winds . or it will be one of those days where you just cant tell if it will rain so you dont chnace taking the bike and instead take the cage then while your sitting @ work the sky is clear and its like everyone is laughing and saying omg it turned out to be such a beautiful day ! and you just want to punch them in the face bu tyou kno wthat if you wouldve brought your bike it wouldve rained and then that wouldve just made you have a bad day.. oh well spring will be here soon ! and atleast i get a alot of days still where i can ride , my hopes and wishes go out to all my brothers and sisters on bikes living in bad weather areas !

Old 02-25-2007, 01:13 AM

lol, havoc, i feel your pain. I went to school the other morning...

looked like it was gonna rain, got to school no rain
came out of class absolutely pooring
10 minutes later sitting in class clear blue bright skies

other days it will be nice, but super chilly.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:42 PM

We may have Cheese here in Wisconsin but the cows dont help my situation our weather is Out Of Control!
Maybe I could ride a cow? through the snow? LOL