Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What car should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:37 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What car should I buy?

Okay guys, my lease runs out at the end of March so I have to start shopping for something new. I've had my eye onan 043.2TL Type S... got one for sale around the corner from me for 15k ...

Any suggestions as to what car I should buy? I wanna keep it under $450 a month and 60 months financing would be the max

Old 02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: What car should I buy?

my friend had that car. very nice ! we used to roll up to the clubs in it it was white, dumped on some very clean and tastefully picked rims. blacked out windows , great sound system. it got almost as much attention as when me and my brothers roll up on our bikes ... but he got rid of it and picked up a TSX instead. the car is a wonderful choice if you decide to get it. but try for a different color than the blue ... id suggest black or white , maybe even a nice silver

Old 02-16-2007, 10:38 PM

u cant go wrong with anything that carries the HONDA symbol

Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a huge fan of the Scion tC. $17,000 for a really good looking car, and it's fully loaded. It has a Toyota Camery engine, so you know it's reliable, plus, they just look damn good for that price. I would say look into that.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 PM

^ plus if you buy the supercharger system and have it installed through a delaership it will not void the warranty so you can fix it up without alot of worries. the scion brand was designed for the the younger "tuner" market in mind

Old 02-17-2007, 01:03 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

my friend had that car. very nice ! we used to roll up to the clubs in it it was white, dumped on some very clean and tastefully picked rims. blacked out windows , great sound system. it got almost as much attention as when me and my brothers roll up on our bikes ... but he got rid of it and picked up a TSX instead. the car is a wonderful choice if you decide to get it. but try for a different color than the blue ... id suggest black or white , maybe even a nice silver
yeah man actually looked at the TSX ... but you can get the TL which has 260 HP vs 200 in the TSX and a used TL costs between 15 and 18 depending on miles and options, whereas you can't get a TSX for less than 23k... an 07 is around 30k with Navi... and I want the Navi...

either way I haven't ruled out the TSX yet... I'm not against any suggestions guys help me out here... I'm seriously lost on what to pick

Old 02-17-2007, 01:19 AM

the Tl was alot more comfortable more roomy plus like you said it has navi . the tsx has less room but is more sporty. both are super sexy cars .. one suggestion i could offer up too is volvo s80. my brother has it. the i believe t6 model. its twin turbo fully loaded. gorgeous car but me personally id rather stay with a japanese manufactuer .

Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 AM
VP

yeah man I used to have a volvo... I'm never driving one again for the rest of my life so help me... I remember on more than one occasion dropping it off for the dealer to get an oil change and something minor fixed like the power mirrors stopped working once... I ended up leaving it there for a week and it cost 1500 bucks ended up getting all this electrical stuff replaced and within a year it was out again...

one funny thing about that car was that my power seat always moved on its own so when you'd be driving it would just all of a sudden move to a different position and it was never the same one twice... so somedays you'd sit close to the wheel, and other days you'd have to sit on the edge of the seat to reach the pedals

Old 02-17-2007, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

yeah man I used to have a volvo... I'm never driving one again for the rest of my life so help me... I remember on more than one occasion dropping it off for the dealer to get an oil change and something minor fixed like the power mirrors stopped working once... I ended up leaving it there for a week and it cost 1500 bucks ended up getting all this electrical stuff replaced and within a year it was out again...

one funny thing about that car was that my power seat always moved on its own so when you'd be driving it would just all of a sudden move to a different position and it was never the same one twice... so somedays you'd sit close to the wheel, and other days you'd have to sit on the edge of the seat to reach the pedals
that last sentence has me cracking up.... Bet you never fell asleep.. Now that is what you Call FULLY LOADED!

Old 02-17-2007, 04:53 AM

How about a Jetta GLI, turbo'd, fast, funand gorgeous