Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Time for an F4i ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time for an F4i ??

i could easily ride an RR farther than an f4i. to my is was an annoyingly long reach. and sat up to high. i got an my buddys RR for a day and had a more comfortable seating position IMHO. but ive broken my back twice. so being hunched over might just be better for me. and my f4i seat was just a piece of plastic covered in vinyl. dont think the RR can get much worse.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:32 PM

well the weight not only is going to be less, it will be better distrubuted. i rode a buncha gixxers which where only a few pounds heavier than my bike, but they way it was situated on the bike made it seem tons heavier.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 PM

If you plan on taking long trips, the RR will not be better than the F4i (well except in some special cases)

I am 6'2" and took a 90 mile trip one way and was very comfy on the F4i. Sat on a few RR's, and it felt like I was hunching over something major. Way more aggressive seating position.

In short, the F4i will do it all, and it will do it well. If you are a performance nut or a racer (which I assume are not your main priorities, Jules) then I would say RR. Otherwise, the F4i wins.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM

for a smaller person...there is no way in hell i would reccomend an F4I..The only reason i got the F4I is because i couldnt afford an RR at the time. Personally i thought the F4I left me with an emptiness every time i got off..its a GREAT learners bike i guess..but shes had one of those. If she is having troube keeping the f3 up. the RR would be a much smarter move for her. Doesnt sound like shes looking for comfort. if she was, she would stick with the f3.( seats like couches). I guess i just really hated the bulkyness of my F4I.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I think you guys have now persuaded me the F4i doesnt hold as much of an advantage as I thought ... so I will just keep to plan A and save for the 600RR ..as I am keeping the F3 regardless I will always have comfort too if need be ..I am 5'8" and I know a lot of you guys are 6' or more so may hulk over an RR quite a bit but I did sit on an RR in the dealers a few months back and it seemed to fit me like a glove ...

Thank you for everyone who responded in this thread :-)

Jules

Old 10-23-2008, 05:49 AM

every time I sit on a 600rr its like sitting on a lil bitty mini bike. there is nothing there its lighter than tissue paper.....a foot off the ground.......and the hunch over or lean forward is nothing....you'll love it Jules.....plus it has gobs more power.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Pamw

every time I sit on a 600rr its like sitting on a lil bitty mini bike. there is nothing there its lighter than tissue paper.....a foot off the ground.......and the hunch over or lean forward is nothing....you'll love it Jules.....plus it has gobs more power.
Yeay :-) ..thank you Pam, I need a light bike ..you have seen how thin I am these days ..I just cant manage any weight at all, I do remember when I sat on it in the dealers the weight was the first thing I noticed after my F3, even being weak I felt I could manage it .. so all my energies now go towards the RR ..

Jules

Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 AM

you will not regret it hun...try to get 07 or later...they have the newer engine with alot more power over the eariler years.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Pamw

you will not regret it hun...try to get 07 or later...they have the newer engine with alot more power over the eariler years.
I just put my makeup on ..lol ..God I am rough without it these days ..lol

Yes I read all the reviews Pam and I realised the later 07 ones had more power and where it counts on the road from lower down too :-)

I really want to try and buy new but we shall see ...

Jules