Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Time for an F4i ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Time for an F4i ??

And we all know what BBBBOB stands for, don't we ?
Boomerang Bob's Buggered Bucket Of Bolts !
hehehehehehe
Buggermedead Steve, you need some help mate.........
Oh **** here comes paintshop pro again - now I'm for it.....[X(][X(]

Buy the F4I Jules !!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to get an F4i just so I know how late I'm running for work.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the f4i - it's more comfortable than the RR and fuel injection is quite nice (a quick google search can really help you out to see the differences). The f4i is a bit "jerkey" but nothing that can't be handled by smooth throttle / clutch operation - It's my first bike and I don't notice any jerkyness anymore. If you really cared that much you could get a power commander to help smooth it out even more but I don't think it's necessary. The f4i would be a nice upgrade for you, and you seem to be the type of rider who enjoys carving twisties every once in a while, but strives on leisurely quick paced rides - much like myself.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Well I have both the F3 and F4i and I must say that its nice to have fuel injection but the comfort of the F3 is hard to beat. Maybe the 04~07 are better for comfort but I know that my 03 F4i is much less comfortable than the F3.

On my first ride on the F4i, I was expecting to have tons of power and great acceleration compared to my F3...but its still a 600 so there wasnt a huge change to in my eyes. Gotta love the updated looks of the F4i over the F3 thou

Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Adam, the important bit for me would be the weight difference and a possible lower C of G ... how does it feel pushing it around compared to an F3, do you think I would find it easier given that I only just manage the F3 now??

Jules

Old 10-22-2008, 12:04 PM

Honestlly, I feel more stable on the F3. Theres been more occasions where Ive had to catch the F4i moving it around the garage than the F3. I dont quite understand why this would be because I would think the steel frame being high up would make it more unstable than the alum F4i. Im guessing the seat height on theF3 is lower so that could also be another advantage...but I have no proof for that one, just the way it feels for me.

Looks like your just gonna have to take a trip to your local used bike shop and set two next to each other and play around for a while. I know, I know...who wants to take a whole hour or two playing with a bunch of nice new lookin bikes

Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

theres not enough weight difference to justify it. Especial physically moving it. The F4/i is a better bike for sure but for your reasoning I wouldnt spend the money on one.

And why ppl like FI over carbs is ease of maintenance and laziness to learn lol. I have a F4 and have yet to see a F4i out do it in any dept except maybe a smoother throttle response. I'll wait for EFI when I get a RR to park next to its daddy the F4!!

I say wait n just get a RR.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^

Ok, Adam and playful you are making sense to me here ... the main reason was for weight but if you say you cant tell the difference then its kinda pointless .. and yes I am old school and I do love carbs, I can work on them and keep them balanced a treat ..I just find them generally hassle free :-) ... so it looks like I am better hanging on to my savings for now and getting an RR at a later date which is DEFINITELY WELL LIGHTER AND HAS A LOWER Cof G ..unless of course someone is now going to say dont do it Jules there is no difference between an RR and an F3 ..lol

Jules

Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 PM

Didnt read all of the replys..But someone did suggest and RR. That is the best advice here. i sold my f4i to get an RR this next summer because the f4i was just to bulky for me. the RR is so much smaller and much less reach to the bars.(im 6'1") so i dont have much of a problem..but i take long trips, and for me..comfort is key. I really dont think you would be that comfortable on an f4i, Maybe go sit on a few, and also try a few RRs as well.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

Didnt read all of the replys..But someone did suggest and RR. That is the best advice here. i sold my f4i to get an RR this next summer because the f4i was just to bulky for me. the RR is so much smaller and much less reach to the bars.(im 6'1") so i dont have much of a problem..but i take long trips, and for me..comfort is key. I really dont think you would be that comfortable on an f4i, Maybe go sit on a few, and also try a few RRs as well.
ummm dude a RR will be less comfy on long trips as it has a more aggressive seating position compared to the F4i lol.

not to mention it has a board for a seat even more so than the Split seat of the F4i.

Quick Reply: Time for an F4i ??