Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For those of you that are bored

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For those of you that are bored

There is a game called lanesplitter. Its free in the app store and its pretty fun. Just thought i would share since i will be playing this for hours tonight.

uhhhh i hate my job. haha

Old 03-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats your job?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 AM

Im a forecaster for the USAF. I currently provide hazards charts for mission planning though.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:31 AM

soooo do you wait around till they need you hence the game playing all night haha?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 AM

No we produce the charts every night and amended them throughout theday if needed. But since there is no weather over the SE CONUS(US)
it takes about 20 mins to do my whole job. Im not allowed to leave early, not allowed PT breaks so im left to watch TV or play on my phone. I wish i could just bring my xbox up here.haha

I also ran out of stuff to google like a year ago.

What do you do that your up right now?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 AM

Just checked my email and found out i have to report to a orderly room. That means a **** test which doesnt open till 9am or something else that im waiting to clear up before i mention anything. haha

Old 03-22-2011, 02:39 AM

oohh gotcha thats rough. haha have something to be worried about? What do i do....haha im a student still i dont do anything, im just an insomniac and im usually up till about 5 or 6 every morning. I have some stuff i should be doing but im trollin around on here and messing around on photoshop and such instead. Once i get bored doin that every night i do what i need to get done and thats when i always notice its 5 or 6 am and i should probably get some sleep. Ive been up since about 930 this morning, its healthy.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123
oohh gotcha thats rough. haha have something to be worried about? What do i do....haha im a student still i dont do anything, im just an insomniac and im usually up till about 5 or 6 every morning. I have some stuff i should be doing but im trollin around on here and messing around on photoshop and such instead. Once i get bored doin that every night i do what i need to get done and thats when i always notice its 5 or 6 am and i should probably get some sleep. Ive been up since about 930 this morning, its healthy.
No im not worried about anything. I was at a party and someone did something stupid which resulted in about 30 people in my squad being investigated and a suspension of our security clearance's. Its been going on for a few months and im hoping that they finally cleared my name so i can go back to not worrying.

Haha i know all about healthy sleep and the lack off. Ive been up since 1pm but i go to bed everyday about 8. I cant sleep during the day cause it makes me feel super lazy. Thankfully today is my last day before 2 days off so i can catch some sleep.

So what are you in school for?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 AM

hey whatever you say man....i dont judge . Nah im jk, im sure ive been to a few parties where some comparable stuff has happened if im reading between the lines right, although i bet it can be juuust a little more serious when it happens in the military. Yeah im up by 11 at the latest every day but refuse to nap cuz i tell myself ill be up all night if i do even though i know ill be up all night anyway...makes sense, i know. I catch up on the weekends, who needs more than 15-20 hours of sleep during the week anyway. Well i was a mechanical engineering major but ive since switched to information systems, kind of regret it but its a little too late for that now.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:21 AM

Yeah the military doesnt like to screw around. haha

Information systems doesnt sound like a bad gig. Sounds like a desk job which i cant stand so props for that. haha

Its never to late to change your mind though. You only live once so do everything you can in it.

My unlce told me that. He did 20+ years in the navy, got out with a masters in business management or something like that. Ran a computer place for a few years back in the 90s and then created his own construction company for fun. Sold the comapny when he got bored and started a pool excavating company with some of his left over tractors and sold that after maybe 2 years and now he just plays with guns and goes on vacations. haha I want his life to say the least.

What do you plan on doing once your graduate? Like what is your ideal job i guess?

Quick Reply: For those of you that are bored