Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thinkin about robbing a texan's neighbor? Think again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinkin about robbing a texan's neighbor? Think again.

Yep, Texas FTW. If it wasn't for you guys and your proactive laws... think about it. What state would we have in the US that said, "we don't put up with your bull****?" There isn't one, and quite frankly we need to be very accomodating for our Texas bretheren, they live in the last state to stand up for the people, not standing up for a non-citizen.

(that's not an attack on the borders or immigration, simply saying TX puts the people first, and that's how it should be)

Once again, if I ruled the world those two, had they survived, would have been banished to The Island (no, not the cool one from Lost).

Old 05-10-2008, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Yep, Texas FTW. If it wasn't for you guys and your proactive laws... think about it. What state would we have in the US that said, "we don't put up with your bull****?" There isn't one, and quite frankly we need to be very accomodating for our Texas bretheren, they live in the last state to stand up for the people, not standing up for a non-citizen.

(that's not an attack on the borders or immigration, simply saying TX puts the people first, and that's how it should be)

Once again, if I ruled the world those two, had they survived, would have been banished to The Island (no, not the cool one from Lost).
lmao weak yes to the island, i wish we had those laws here in vb, even when officers here use deadly force the fuggin familys come back and sue the city saying it wasnt right and they end up getting payed and settling outside of court. wish this was texas and the dont put up with ur bull**** laws. go figure the us is a ***** economy and were here to always help everyone else out but are own friggin citizens.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:45 PM

HAHAHAHA sweet! I'm moving to Texas! I think all states should have that law. I mean come on, it took those cops 8 minutes to get there. This guy calls in and reports someone stealing from his neighbor and they just casually take their time to get there? Have you ever been pulled over before? If you have you know that the police can get somewhere in 2 minutes. Every time I've been pulled over from speeding to having windows tinted there was always atleast 1-2 other officers there in 2 minutes.

Stupid Wisconsin doesn't even allow its citizens to carry concealed weapons, this state blows. haha If robbers and gang members are carrying I think it's only fair to let everyone, mine as well make it legal!

Mike

Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM

F***in awesome!!!!!!!! I love Texas! I dont think there is anything wrong with the neighbor "taking action" I feel as if you do dirt then stand the chance of getting caught even if the results weren't were you were expecting. I hate robbers and thiefs, I worked my *** off to get what I have and never took anything that I have....If you try to break in my cars/steal my bike, or break into my house then you will die period. Since I live in Texas and we got these great laws........

Old 05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: txn_driver

God im glad to be from Texas. The law is that it doesnt matter if its day or night, you can use deadly force to protect property, stop arson, burglary, kidnapping, etc. went into effect Sept. 1
The guy mentions that to the dispatcher. Wow Texas. That is like the old west, huh? I have a couple of handguns and would like to get my concealed carry permit. My dad has one and he gave me a little book to read (I forget what is was called). It says that you can only use force if you are confronted with force. Furthermore, if the individual backs off, you have no right to shoot them. Also, theft is not covered. Just because a guy is stealing your television, you can't shoot him. Is that true of most states in the union? This guy was going above and beyond, but I don't think I could take a life if the perps were stealing from my neighbor. I have mixed feelings on this one. Now, if my family was being threatened, I would have a different response. Very interesting. I wonder what heppened to this dude. Sounds like the cops were all over him at the end of the audio clip.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 PM

Here's a question though. If someone breaks into your house in Texas and you shoot them and they live can they sue you? I was once told that if you shoot someone to protect yourself you better gosh darn kill them or you'll be screwed. /shrug

Old 05-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Actually your only allowed to defend your self if they are on your property. Thats the problem with his case. They dont know if they were on his property or not. I'll have to look it up.

Perferbably they dont mind if its in your house but they discourage it out in the open. A bullet can travel many miles.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:43 PM

This winter we had a drunk college dude walk into the wrong house. They guy even fired warning shot in his ceiling and I guess that still wasnt enough to wake the drunk up so the owner capped his ***.

Of course I wasnt there. The kid could have been trying to run out and the guy still shot him. Who knows but the house owner.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Under the Texas Penal Code Title 2, Chapter 9, Sec 4.1:

SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY

§ 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person
in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is
justified in using force against another when and to the degree the
actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to
prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful
interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible,
movable property by another is justified in using force against the
other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force
is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the
property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit
after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no
claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using
force, threat, or fraud against the actor.
Under the Texas Penal Code Title 2, Chapter 9, Sec 4.2:

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
this is the old law before Sept 1. im trying to find the new wording to it, its in my CCP book but apparently they havent updated online yet. the amendment drops the nighttime and replaces it with anytime if i remember right.
Under the Texas Penal Code Title 2, Chapter 9, Sec 4.3:
§ 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON'S PROPERTY. A person
is justified in using force or deadly force against another to
protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if,
under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the
actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force
or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful
interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or
criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property; or
(2) the actor reasonably believes that:
(A) the third person has requested his protection
of the land or property;
(B) he has a legal duty to protect the third
person's land or property; or

(C) the third person whose land or property he
uses force or deadly force to protect is the actor's spouse, parent,
or child, resides with the actor, or is under the actor's care.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

If Texas broke away with the USA i'd stay in Texas.