Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Should I pay my neighbor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:24 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I pay my neighbor?

Well, most of you know I have a nice neighbor who helps me with doing mods on my bike on his day off. He knew I was getting new parts for my bike, and he told me before to let him know when they get here. One day he txted me and told me that he won't have day off for long time, because he will be going back to school and still will be working close to full time.

So I try to do things on my own. I bought one man brake bleeding tool to attempt doing stuff. As a starter, I try to remove the fairings off to do very easy mod, applying the decals on lower cowl. You know that was a failure. I couldn't not remove the lower cowl on my own.

So I got discouraged and dropped off all but one parts to my shop and told them I was coming sometime this week to have them done. Then my neighbor txted me today and said he is off on Wed, so he will help me with things.

I started to feel like I should pay him for his help because I was going to have them done at the shop. He doesn't know that. But I feel guilty having him do it for free. If I were to pay him, how mich should I pay him?

Last edited by yumoncbr; 06-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 PM
jcb

I would say stay away from paying him cash. Too little and its a slap in the face too much and it would be better to pay the shop. Does your neighbor drink beer? When he does stuff for you if you dont show up with a reasonable amount of beer/ his favorite beverage its not cool. One of the things you can do is maybe help him with some of the things your good at and he isnt. Maybe mow his lawn or something like that especially if he dont have a lot of free time its something you can do that will help him out a lot basically if he dont have time to do something for himself maybe you can do it for him so that he dont have to spend the cash to get it done or the minimal time he has off on it. Anyway thats my .02 cents

Old 06-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

food.
beer.
sex.(j/k)

best friendly payments available.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
food.
then beer.
then sex.

There, I fixed it for both of you.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I offered to buy him lunch last time, but he went home to eat. So yes, he is like you guys. We live in condo, so I cannot mow his lawn. I would though. I think gift card may be a good idea. I can act like I had it for while and not using. So he wouldn't think I got it specially for him.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
food.
then beer.
then sex.

There, I fixed it for both of you.
You mean.. I can have sex for him helping me out?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:16 AM

beer. My friends grandma just bought me a 6 pack for helping her with some stuff. I was gonna do it anyway, so when she offered i just said deal.

Quick Reply: Should I pay my neighbor?