Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

subpost: My new Glock 23

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: subpost: My new Glock 23

I dont't know about your guys .40 but I do know all pistol rounds are super weak and reqire shot placement. Most common 9 mm offer 15 round magazines so i would be just as happy with that. A Federal Hydroshock 9mm has like 350 ft/lbs. a .45 has like 410. I would rather have twice the magazine, more accuracy, and more velocity even though I love the .45 acp.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:41 AM

Pistol rounds are super weak compared with rifles or shotguns. Placement is key, I still carry 9mm but lately I like the .40 cal. for some reason or other.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Juggernaut

Only the newest models Beretta has come out with have capacities that even compare with the standard capacities of GLOCK's mags.
and para-ordnance..they have had the highest mag cap for a while.. and a REALLY comfortable and accurate gun..

Old 07-29-2007, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Nothing wrong with reloads, proper reloads that is. If you really get into shooting, you can save a ton by reloading. I can reload 100rds of either 40 or 45 for around 4.00 of cost in about 20min. Reloads can also be tailored to your specific firearm, ajust seating depth and crimp and chrono them for optimal performance. The 40 is a pretty high pressure round, hence why it has the percieved recoil of being "snappy" as compared to a 45, but lots of things come into play, pistol weight, barrel length, #pound of recoil spring, grip ect.......Just don't shoot lead reloads through your glock. The lands and grooves are cut specifically and don't mix well with lead. This is also heresay, I know guys that have put thousands of cast lead bullets through there glocks with no problems, and other who have blown theirs apart. Stick with jacketed factory ammo, or reloads from someone who knows what they are doing.
You can shoot what you want, but some Glock pistols (other than 9mm) have issues with partial unsupported chambers and hot loaded reloads can result in failures. Thats why Glock urges users to stick with factory loads. You may or may not experience any problems but if you do and your using reloads it will void Glocks warranty and not to mention the risk of injury. Just not worth it to me.

Edited to ad http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...5&t=600118

Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 AM

I have a G19 that I carry for personal protection (or a Kel Tec PF9 when the weather is warm). I've never carried or shot reloads through my glock, but it has shot every type of factory ammo I've put through it reliably and without issue. I currently carry Hydra-Shocks in mine.

There are a lot of people out there who talk down about the glock because of it's popularity. I just tried it and loved the reliability. It's lightweight for what it is and I chose a 9mm becuase ammo was cheap and I planned on firing it a lot.

I do want to get a larger caliber for personal carry sometime, but in the meantime, with my 9mm, I just have to focus on placement. I try to practice a lot and I'm not a bad shot, but I'm not an excellent shot either. I just need the money to expand my collection... hehehe. If I get the money, I'd LOVE to get a Kimber to add to my tiny collection, but it will be a LONG time before I have enough money to blow on one of those.

Nice G23 BTW, congrats on the purchase.