Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

subpost: My new Glock 23

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: subpost: My new Glock 23

A car with two mexicans pulled up to my dad why he was gasing up. The passenger pointed a 9mm at him and my dad pulled out his 357 magnum. They drove off.

My dad. "Yup. Had to show them what a big boy gun is." Hahaha.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM

For the safety of others/children. Please put it in a lock box or gun case. Not "hidden" especially without a trigger lock. Little kids can find anything.

Magazine loaded, but no bullet in the barrel.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

For the safety of others/children. Please put it in a lock box or gun case. Not "hidden" especially without a trigger lock. Little kids can find anything.

absolutely, its locked up right now in a lock box, also it has the cable lock that came with it through the action right now. i've always practiced safe/ responsible handling and all. my parent's raised me pretty well :-p

Old 07-28-2007, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

absolutely, its locked up right now in a lock box, also it has the cable lock that came with it through the action right now. i've always practiced safe/ responsible handling and all. my parent's raised me pretty well :-p

YOU GO BOY!!!!! LOL

Old 07-28-2007, 01:51 AM

You really can't go wrong with a GLOCK, the things are really hard to jam. I got to shoot my friend's G26, and it was a hoot for such a small gun ( for me it qualifies as a pocket gun, though on the large side). I'm a Beretta aficionado, but either a G27 or G23 is on my "short list" of upcoming acquisitions, the only problem is I'd need a whole bunch of new carry gear, specifically holsters.
As for why we need guns, let's just say it's an inalienable right and adiscussion about that subjectwould be derailing the topic.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 AM

all my family whos cops runs the 23 ....awesome gun man i almost bought one last year....area around here is soo gettoh that i'd never be able to keep it clean ha....freedoms too nice so opted to not buy one

Old 07-28-2007, 09:45 AM

so i've got some new pics

i like that 14rd capacity

i still havent shot it yet, but im going to the range tomorrow to get some trigger time with it.
i went to the LA state police HQ to pick up the concealed weapon permit, so im getting that ball rolling too, hopefully in about a month itll be all good.
Looks like a great piece. I've never shot a Glock before. How does she handle? Also, those look like aluminum casings... I've always heard aluminum casings are "dirty," and that I should only shoot brass. Is this true?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: cwmc29

And you need the gun for what???
2nd Amendment

Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

so i've got some new pics

i like that 14rd capacity

i still havent shot it yet, but im going to the range tomorrow to get some trigger time with it.
i went to the LA state police HQ to pick up the concealed weapon permit, so im getting that ball rolling too, hopefully in about a month itll be all good.
Looks like a great piece. I've never shot a Glock before. How does she handle? Also, those look like aluminum casings... I've always heard aluminum casings are "dirty," and that I should only shoot brass. Is this true?
Aluminum cased ammo is cheap because of the aluminum instead of brass. Brass is the most expensive componant of reloading, so if you don't reload and want cheap ammo to plink with, the aluminum cased ammo is fine. By cheap, I mean inexpensive, not cheap quality (for range use) And to keep things fair, this is in regards to "normal ammo" not comparing anything to hydrashocks, hornady XTP's and speer law-man or the like. Before I started reloading years ago, I used to shoot the bejeesus out of blazer ammo. Also, as for being dirty, different ammo manufacturers use different powders for different loads and purposes. For example, when I load target bullseye loads, I use.....Bullseye powder, quick burning, ecconomical and meters well, but dirty as all heck, but a very popular powder. For clean, fun shooting when not trying to work up a serious load, clays or W231 works really good. But, as with anything, these opinions are highly arguementative upon reloaders and shooters.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

Nice! that would bea .40

yep yep, i got a cop gun, lol.

lol i dont know about being a white gangster, im about as un-gangster as they come haha, but it was right at $500 after taxes, not bad considering they were $150 more in florida when i was on vacation out there.
It is refreshing to see younger guys being responsible with firearms in regards to safety and advocating the 2d. I see so many guys at the range with they're new blaster acting like a bunch of asses that do not even know what the 2d is or it's importance. You paid 500 for your 23? Is it a Gen 1, 2, or 3? I have a gen 1 that I tried to sell forever for 400 but no takers that were serious, oh well, it's grown on me. I do however, have a Steyr 29rd magazine for your G23 that I'd let go for 75.00. I paid100 for it, but that was before the sunsetting of the AWB and it would be unfair to ask100 for it now. Basically, it's a super long magazine that holds 29rds of 40 cal for your G23, I figured if I ran out of ammo, I could use it for a club.(jk) It protrudes from the bottom of the mag-well about ohh, 8-9in or so. It's main purpose is for fun or some serious naughty work, I got it for camping. I hated keeping a mag loaded, out of the gun (a requirement for some state parks at the time) and then keeping a seperate box of ammo. The sollution, load up 29-30 rounds ready to go and be legal at the same time, and leave the box of ammo at the house. Also, good for the range, shoot twice as long and stay on target and not have to reload for a bit. Of course, concealment is an issue, but thats not what it was meant for. Stay safe, good shooting.

Quick Reply: subpost: My new Glock 23