Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

subpost: My new Glock 23

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: subpost: My new Glock 23

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

It is refreshing to see younger guys being responsible with firearms in regards to safety and advocating the 2d. I see so many guys at the range with they're new blaster acting like a bunch of asses that do not even know what the 2d is or it's importance. You paid 500 for your 23? Is it a Gen 1, 2, or 3? I have a gen 1 that I tried to sell forever for 400 but no takers that were serious, oh well, it's grown on me. I do however, have a Steyr 29rd magazine for your G23 that I'd let go for 75.00. I paid100 for it, but that was before the sunsetting of the AWB and it would be unfair to ask100 for it now. Basically, it's a super long magazine that holds 29rds of 40 cal for your G23, I figured if I ran out of ammo, I could use it for a club.(jk) It protrudes from the bottom of the mag-well about ohh, 8-9in or so. It's main purpose is for fun or some serious naughty work, I got it for camping. I hated keeping a mag loaded, out of the gun (a requirement for some state parks at the time) and then keeping a seperate box of ammo. The sollution, load up 29-30 rounds ready to go and be legal at the same time, and leave the box of ammo at the house. Also, good for the range, shoot twice as long and stay on target and not have to reload for a bit. Of course, concealment is an issue, but thats not what it was meant for. Stay safe, good shooting.
it's a gen 3, brand new out the box. my buddy from work was going to sell me his g23 a few months ago, but ended up deciding to keep it, go figure lol.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:29 PM

Nice piece bro, my buddy has the same Glock for his concealed carry. Be safe.

Go get some Ranger SXTs loaded up in that bi@tch.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Tupperware! Just kidding, looks good.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:23 PM

thats a really comfortable gun to shoot too! i had several glocks and liked all of them,i just got a smith and wesson sigma and several other pistols and will be going back to the .45 glock real soon.. but definately a good choice.

(i have about 16 pistols and 32 rifles&shotguns)

Old 07-28-2007, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: cwmc29

And you need the gun for what???
dont mind him... hes canadian ehh! haha congrats on your purchase, i dont like glocks bcuz they dont fit my hand, but they are great guns. have fun with the snappy kick of that .40 lol. and you got a good deal on that thing, 500 otd good deal....

Old 07-28-2007, 05:16 PM

i just got back from the range and put my first 200 rounds through her. smooth, comfortable, pretty damn accurate. i wish i had pics of my silouettes, but lets just say, they were dead at 7 yards, they were dead at 10 yards, and they were dead at 25 yards, lol. im glad to have gotten some practice in with it; i'm pretty pleased. my buddy had a taurus .45, not sure on the model. if almost felt like slightly less recoil than my .40, but both were pretty light recoil. it was giving him nothing but problems, jamming probably 9 or 10 times in the 100rds he shot. but i think he was saying he's looking at the G21, since he likes the .45 caliber.

but yea, i had fun

Old 07-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Nice peace. I carry the Glock 30, .45 sub compact and yes very accurate and very dependable. You'll be very happy with Glock but I would only shoot quality factory ammo, no reloads. Firearms are my first love, here's a pic of my latest buy. Armalite AR10A4, enjoy

[IMG]local://upfiles/18845/71F81F6065CE4F0EAE380BDD9527D95D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

. my buddy had a taurus .45, not sure on the model. if almost felt like slightly less recoil than my .40, but both were pretty light recoil.

but yea, i had fun
the 45 has less recoil,[sm=smiley20.gif] ,bcuz the bullets are going slower. make sure you get a barrel squeege and clean the barrel, proper barrel break in is imparative.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Nothing wrong with reloads, proper reloads that is. If you really get into shooting, you can save a ton by reloading. I can reload 100rds of either 40 or 45 for around 4.00 of cost in about 20min. Reloads can also be tailored to your specific firearm, ajust seating depth and crimp and chrono them for optimal performance. The 40 is a pretty high pressure round, hence why it has the percieved recoil of being "snappy" as compared to a 45, but lots of things come into play, pistol weight, barrel length, #pound of recoil spring, grip ect.......Just don't shoot lead reloads through your glock. The lands and grooves are cut specifically and don't mix well with lead. This is also heresay, I know guys that have put thousands of cast lead bullets through there glocks with no problems, and other who have blown theirs apart. Stick with jacketed factory ammo, or reloads from someone who knows what they are doing.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:12 AM

The only thing to avoid are cast lead (non-jacketed) bullets with a GLOCK. The polygonal rifling holds the lead and eventually a round will overpressurize the barrel higher than its tensile strength and result in what is commonly referred to as a "kaBOOM" or "kB".
The thing I like about GLOCKs is their amazing magazine capacity. Only the newest models Beretta has come out with have capacities that even compare with the standard capacities of GLOCK's mags.
PS, in .40 cal. (what I carry) I stick with Golden Sabres. I used to cary Winchester Rangers for Law Enforcement because they have high energy for non-+P ammo, but the Remington Golden Sabres have a lot lower muzzle flash. Low muzzle flash is important if you're in a darkenvironment like your house at night if something happens,because you'll get blinded by the flash.

Quick Reply: subpost: My new Glock 23