Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stupid Drivers, friendly people...

Old 04-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid Drivers, friendly people...

Riding home from work on Friday posed to be an interesting one.

Started off fine at around 3:30. On the way, some hotel bus decided that his left lane was too slow, so without signalling, he cut off the car in front of me. I had to grab and hold to avoid a crash. About 10 minutes down the road, I came up to a notorousily tricky intersection. Basically it's 2 intersections...after crossing the one, the 2 lanes turn into 3 (one left turn lane). As I go to cross I'm in the left lane and my target is the middle lane on the next intersection. Of course, the driver next to me, while chatting on her cell phone, comes over into my lane while we are still in the middle of the intersection, instead of staying in hers. I had to again slam on my brakes and lay on the horn. I'll forgive her, since the intersection is screwed up and she is from out of state....though, the cell phone, really got on my nerves.

Then my main runs out of fuel on a by-pass and I didn't switch over to the reserves in time.

At the gas station though...3 people offered to allow me fill up before them. I ended talking to 2 guys that were in shock that it only took 3 gallons of gas to fill my tank and equally shocked when I told them that I get about 50 mpg. They were in with their pickups and they have to put $80 in ever 2 days.