Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stuck in the rain.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in the rain.

We have been flooded up here in the north east ,just as spring is warming things up. I saw this guy on a yamaha yzf 1000 riding the other day and it was pouring. I thought either this guy got stuck overnight some where or he was just desperate to ride(really desperate). Last year riding home from the laconia rally it started raining so bad I had to ride the yellow line just to make sure I would stay on the road. I got home but it took like a month to dry out. Whats the worst rain you've ever been caught in? [8D]

Old 05-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Default RE: Stuck in the rain.

the worst rain i've been caught in was a light drizzle a few days ago. it was HORRIBLE!

nah... but really i try not to ride in the rain. i've done it before - just not my thang...

Old 05-22-2006, 11:50 PM

The day I was driving my bike (it was in the back of a truck) back from Souther Powersports in Chattannoga, TN. I was in the last 30 mins of a 5 hr trip back when the sky let loose. I had to pull over and wait for it to stop, meanwhile my new bike with only 1 mi on the odo was getting soaked in the back. [:@]

Old 05-24-2006, 02:38 AM

Daily rider for about 2 years. If any SoCal guys read this they will know. The 04/05 winter storm was terrible. The worst rain season I have ever seen in this area in my entire life. It really cut my social life down. You could also say it was a real dryspell on my sex life.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:31 AM

At first I was intimidated about the weather but now as long as it's warm bring on the hurricanes. I love to play in the rain. Aside from getting wet I look foward to it.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

Daily rider for about 2 years. If any SoCal guys read this they will know. The 04/05 winter storm was terrible. The worst rain season I have ever seen in this area in my entire life. It really cut my social life down. You could also say it was a real dryspell on my sex life.
I know what you are talking about cause it was an all time record setting year. Guy where I work at rides a '03 red/black 600RR. In the last two years I've only seen him in a cage one time, it was the company truck. Rain, shine, pissing cats and dogs, this guy would come in with his bike. I asked him once while seeing hime walk in completely drenched if he owned a car, he said yes, but he chooses to ride his bike. Dude is hard core!

Old 05-31-2006, 11:46 AM

I would agree, the weather is sucking. I live arround Rutland VT. and it has been really nice in the morning but the weather says rain arround the same time i would be comming home from work.

Yesterday, it was the same. Bright and sunny right up untill i would have been driving home. I did see quite a few other people stuck in the rain though.

sucky.

-bj (wileycbr)

Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 PM

I too pretty much ride no matter what the weather is. I do own a Jeep, but, I just prefer being on the bike. I've got my rain gear that works great. Wrap my backpack in a trashbag and strap it to the tail and i'm gone.

Tylor

Old 05-31-2006, 03:52 PM

It was yesterday, I was going home from Northwest Indiana to Mchenry, Illinois around 6:30 pm. As soon I got on the expressway the sky turned pitch black, the wind really started to pick up, and lighting was everywhere. I said to myself, "This doesn't look very good." As soon as I said that, the rain starts pouring. It was so bad that traffic, which usually goes between 70-80 mph, slowed down to 40 mph cause they couldn't see either. After 30 min. of riding in this, while cursing and swearing the whole time, the rain lights up and stops. I smile and tell myself I can't believe that I just went through all of that. 5 min. go by and the rain starts pouring again just like before! This time around there is a good amount of water on the ground. Not only am I getting poured on I'm also getting splashed on the side by passing trucks! This goes on for an hour, once I made it to my exit the rain died down to only a drizzle. So the rest of the trip, 40-45 min, I only rode in a light rain. Which I though was like riding on dry pavement after riding in that thunderstorm. Once home, I removed one of my gloves and my hand looked like a rasin. I wasn't even cold or tired because my adrenaline was pumping so hard! Everything in my tank bag got soaked, which sucked : ( So if you were on either 294 northbound or 290 eastbound last night and saw a guy on a f4i and said to yourself "that guy is crazy", that crazy guy was me : ) Just another reason to love the Honda CBR's!

On a side note, here's some F.Y.I.
* I was wearing my helmet, leather gloves, and leather jacket (like I ALWAYS do) so I really didn't feel the rain hitting me
* I focused on the road and tried not make any sudden moves in steering
* I made sure I didn't apply to much pressure to the brakes
* I didn't stop and pull off the road because I was soaked to the bone within the first 10 min of the rainfall and I didn't feel like sitting on the side of road having rain just pound on me for who knows how long
* I didn't pull under one of the overpasses because I didn't want to take a chance of someone hitting me, not alot of room under there

DJ SLYKE