CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Rain??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain??

This is probably a really dumb question, but how bad is rain on my f3? i want to drive it to work as much as possible, but i dont want to drive it in the rain obviously. but it seems like there is a 30-40% chance of rain everyday. what will happen if the bike is outside and it rains? i know that i cant get water in the carbs, but the gas is killing me in my other vehicle. i dont plan on riding when there is above a 40% chance of rain, but just wanted to get some opinions. thanks for the advice as always!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: Rain??

Rain doesnt hurt a damn thing, my bike is outside 24/7 rain snow ice and sun, I ride in the rain.....just dont ride as hard...no sudden braking leaning or acceleration

Old 06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to keep the bike looking pretty, you should keep the plastics polished. And you'll need to clean and lube the chain more often, but the bike can take it. If people in southeast Asia can ride through monsoon season, I don't think you'll have a problem with 30% chance of showers.

I kind of enjoy riding in the rain, but like was said, you need to adjust your riding to account for reduced traction, especially when the rain first starts and is floating away all the oil on the road.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

Riding in the rain is fun!

Honestly, I don't change up much when riding in the rain. Just get your tires nice and warm and pay attention!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM

yeah just be a bit more alert and you will be fine. as far as your bike being in the rain your fine not like your on a harley LOL

Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 PM

+1 I agree you just have to pay more attention than normal. The weather really won't affect the bikes performance. Just try not to get hail on. Had that happen the other day, that sucked.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back when I used to commute (retired now, yippie) Had to ride in all sorts of weather, then park the poor thing out in the open car park. I used to give it a clean at week-ends, get some silicone spray onto the forks and sprayed it anywhere water might go, lubed the chain & that was about it. Just make sure you give your cables a lube every so often. As for riding in the rain, just RELAX, double your distance for safer braking. Oh and I used a couple of products, 1 for anti fog & another one to bead the water on visor (RainX? I think). If you have good rain gear, it makes life easier, hard to concentrate with water running down your back & pooling in your croutch, especially in winter.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:55 AM

accually being out side 24/7 does put a tole on your bike things rot, rust, dryrot, and say good bye to your electrical system..... how can you say that it dont do a damb thing... cus thats so wrong! you can tell when a bike sits out side every day compared to a garaged bike. riding in the rain will rust your kickstand wich happend to me now its a pain to put my kick stand down and up.... leaves a nasty mess on the header and engine components and yes you can reck like a **** remember misting is worst then hard rain more likley to slip and slide fish tail that sorta thing evey time i ride and happen to get caught in the rain when i get home i take the air gun to it and blow off the rain and **** out of the engine compartment thats y my bike looks like new so when i resell i can get more for it then a all weather bike..take care of the bike and you shouldnt have any cosmetic and electrical problems .... come on any body +1 on this post
ORIGINAL: Sproutf3

Rain doesnt hurt a damn thing, my bike is outside 24/7 rain snow ice and sun, I ride in the rain.....just dont ride as hard...no sudden braking leaning or acceleration

Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Sure, I'll +1 you...

If I am going to ride my bike with every intention of reselling it.

**** that. I ride my baby hard, I could care less aboutit's resale value. I wouldn't take less than $3200 for it as it sits. And it's not anywhere near as clean as some of the other F3's I've seen pics of on here.

You can either enjoy your bike as much as the next owner wants you to, or ride that sumbitch like you own it. Now, if I had a sick *** 07 RR it might be a tad different story. I paid basically $2000 for mine, not $10,000.

Your F3 will thank you for giving her the ride of her life. Just make sure she doesn't hear you oogling at other bikes on bike night, and if she does - make sure to comfort her, stroke her and tell her that she is still as gorgeous as the day you brought her home. Wink at her and tell her those other bikes just look good while she has beauty and brains.

Haha, quick funny story. One day after hitting a 6 mile stretch of awesome twistys a buddy on his 06 GSX-6R asked if he could ride my girl. He said he doesn't understand how I am able to drag knee around these brand new bikes (RR's, R1's and 6's, GSX-R'sand ZXR's). I told him that the day he can pass me or hold me off he can ride my bike. He said, "not even if I let you ride my bike?"

Now, why would I want to ride that bike, I just smoked you for about a10 second lead in a short 6 mile stretch!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:14 PM

It's not bad riding in the rain, just make sure to have some good tires that grip in the rain and above all else, be smooth...oh, and don't go riding in the center of the lane.

Quick Reply: Rain??