Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The start of my expensive shopping spree

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The start of my expensive shopping spree

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...6/DCP_0002.jpg
I can't wait til it is warm enough to ride I am getting so much new stuff especially gear. I just couldn't quit looking at them. I have never been addicted to anything until I rode my first bike.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Default RE: The start of my expensive shopping spree

Nice new rubber! I am glad to have this season about to start. Congrats on the new purchase.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:32 PM

haha, ur tellin me.
my shopping spree isnt too expensive, but it is for a college kid w. no job, lol
i started out just going to get my helmet (exo400 $150)
but once i got there i decided i might as well get my oil, and oil filter also
then i saw some nice gloves (A*) so i picked those up too
THEN i saw some really cool A* shirts and hat... but i held off and figured id get all my necessities ( i still need to order myjacket )
and save enough money for a few month of insurance, until it gets warm and i can start working, THEN i could go back and get the cool shirts/hat... and there was a cool sweat suit type jacket with A* pattern all over it...

MAN BIKING IS AN EXPENSIVE LIFESTYLE!
haha.
yea ive never been addicted to anything until now either

Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

MMM love me some new tires. Make sure you really like the grips though before you put them on, had a set last year and could not get them off fast enough, they tore my hands up.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 PM

Its always good to use some new rubbers...

I just bought myself a new jacket, AlpineStars Spinner...looks freakin sweet, ill have it at the end of the week to match my alpinestars octane-s gloves. Ill get pics when it comes! WOOHOO cant wait for this dam snow to go away!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 PM

Later on, given that all my parts show up, I'll get them together and take a picture. I know the expensive shooping spree bug too! I've never dropped this kind of cash in such a short period of time on any one thing before... it's crazy!

However... mums the word till I get it all to take pictures... I'm very excited!

The grips and tires look good man! Break those bad boys in nice and good!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:28 PM

just put my 2ct's on a week ago, i love fresh tires, im gonna wear em out at VIR

Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 AM

My brother has his bike in the shop now getting his 2ct's put on. Same bike. Congratulations brother, break em in good

Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 AM

Nice rubber. I'v been into cars, trucks and bikes since I was a kid and have spent so much money on all of them over the years I could have had a kick *** huge house, but you live and learn. I'v had alot of fun with my vehicles and met alot of cool people becasue of them so it was not all for nothing.

It seems like I want to to buy something to play with every week, but I can't do that anymore since I have my own house and live alone. I just got some new gear last week so I'm good for a few LOL!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM

Today I ordered more. I pay all the bills at my place also and just save a lot so when I want something I can get it. I ordered A* spx gloves, sato no cut sliders, Icon super duty 2's boots, 2 pair of Shift jeans, and 1 pair Teknic jeans. I am going to get soon a puig double bubble tinted screen, possibly lowering link, rim stripe tape, shorty levers, -1 +2 and HID's. I am so pumped up to be getting this stuff I grew up poor and had no material things but I had food so don't feel sorry for me but I appreciate things more than most of my friends. I am just a local delivery truck driver but I guess I do alright because I am getting all of this when I want it. Dang I went off on a tangent, anyway I hope everyone has as much fun as I do getting all of their new toys.