Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I got the full story from the cop that recovered my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MistahJuice
Haha thats awesome. I wish I'd gone driving around the neighborhood because the place the cop originally found it was apparently only a few blocks from where he went down. And that was only about 3 miles from my house. I'm currently parting it out because between all the damage and the fact that the engine was making a weird tap/knocking sound I just decided I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to fuel injection.
Thats sweet tho bro. Did you have the Fi **** lined up yet? I actually just saw a complete set on ebay. Tank through throttle bodies.

Originally Posted by thrasher572
I had a couple of my bikes stolen and recovered. The thief was not held responsible for any of the damages. He did 3 months in jail and then was returned to his home nation of the USA. The damage between the two bikes was about $5000 which I had to absorb. It was a relief to get them back, put them back on the road and eventually sold them to upgrade.
The method they used to steal my machines was a water jug delivery truck. They cruised the area and cased all the stuff they wanted to steal while disguised as a legitimate business. My machines were only recovered out of their shop because there is no honour among thieves. One of the crack addled accomplices decided to try to rob passing vehicles on a bridge with a sawed off shotgun. He ratted out the rest of the operation in an attempt to get a plea bargain.
Man that sucks you had to take the hit on the bikes. Figures dude woulda got deported and lucked out that way. Down here in the US, youre footin the bill for it. Thats ****in hilarious though that the dude snitched on an unrelated case. Karma truly is a bitch.