Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I got the full story from the cop that recovered my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got the full story from the cop that recovered my bike...

Well I'm bored in class so I figured Id start a discussion about the situation that unfolded when my stolen F4 was recovered. Obviously there's no changing the past but I have no idea how to feel about the situation except that I don't think id change it if I could. ANYWAAAAAY.

So I met with the officer to fill out some paper work. He showed me a pic of the thief so I could verify I didn't know him ad he didn't have permission to ride my bike. Then I casually asked him how he found my bike. Turns out that around 5am the officer was driving through an area where a lot of stolen motorcycle reports had been made when he came across a bike parked on the street. He ran the plates and found that the bike was stolen, my stolen F4. He then got back into his car and staked it out until someone came out and got on the bike. He then followed this person for a block then switched on his lights. The thief then tried to run a red light to escape but ended up hitting another vehicle and well the rest of the story is history.

Needless to say after hearing this I was kinda speechless. Just knowing that when it was initially found, the only things wrong with the bike were the ignition and tank key hole kind of depressed me. I wanted to be angry with the cop but I couldn't really bring myself to. I completely understood and agree that getting one more criminal off the street was more important then some kids $2500 bike but it still really made me sad I went through scenarios in my head where he just went and cut the wires on the ignition so the thief would just sit on the bike and be unable to start it lol.

Anyway what are all of your opinions. How would you feel. Someone tell me to quit being a bitch and get over it haha. Oh and I apologize in advance because I wrote this on my iPhone so there may be some strange autocorrections lol

Last edited by MistahJuice; 11-27-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Well you location says NorCal I thought the strange talk was location orientated. Ha Ha.HA! But I have heard of weird iphone corrections before.

Anyway, Its better to have the a wrecked and recovered bike than one that is missing. At least you can sleep at night knowing where it is.

I may think different than most folks but the thought of someone else riding around on my bike would chap me big time.

I have said this before in this forum and I'll say it again; They use to hang horse thieves. Go and fetch the rope boys....fetch the rope.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo

I have said this before in this forum and I'll say it again; They use to hang horse thieves. Go and fetch the rope boys....fetch the rope.
+1

I've got a few spare lengths if you would like to borrow them.

Cheers, SB

Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I'll make sure the knot's more than 8 wraps

Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
+1

I've got a few spare lengths if you would like to borrow them.

Cheers, SB
Originally Posted by CJardine
I'll make sure the knot's more than 8 wraps

Yes

Old 11-27-2013, 12:16 AM

I fixed some of the corrections now that I'm on a computer. And yes I like the rope idea haha.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some nice thick rope as well and have made many a hangmans noose...send them my way.

Glad the bike is back...fix it and ride it again...safely.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks dude..Its pretty safe to say that the cop didnt care about the bike, rightfully so...hes a cop...prolly not a rider, or he may have thought about it a bit more

I feel your pain though. My bike was also stolen (i didnt own it at the time) but me and the previous owner found out where it was because it turned out in the end that a friend he let borrow it told some other guys about it and THEY came and stole it. Now Im not condoning thievery at all here because its just mucked up but we found out where it was and we went and stole it back (OJ?????) Rather than getting all the stuff involved and after a year of it missing the owner decided to just go take it back rather than getting the police involved. In the end, there is no wrecked bike and everyone is happy, well at least we are What a rush it was though...since we had the original keys still and the title we didnt see a thing wrong with walking up to it, starting it and driving home Kinda dicey I know but no one even came out of the house where it was sitting...maybe they just knew...

Get it back on the road and enjoy your victory even if it was somewhat bittersweet....

Old 12-03-2013, 11:11 PM

Haha thats awesome. I wish I'd gone driving around the neighborhood because the place the cop originally found it was apparently only a few blocks from where he went down. And that was only about 3 miles from my house. I'm currently parting it out because between all the damage and the fact that the engine was making a weird tap/knocking sound I just decided I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to fuel injection.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:56 PM

I had a couple of my bikes stolen and recovered. The thief was not held responsible for any of the damages. He did 3 months in jail and then was returned to his home nation of the USA. The damage between the two bikes was about $5000 which I had to absorb. It was a relief to get them back, put them back on the road and eventually sold them to upgrade.
The method they used to steal my machines was a water jug delivery truck. They cruised the area and cased all the stuff they wanted to steal while disguised as a legitimate business. My machines were only recovered out of their shop because there is no honour among thieves. One of the crack addled accomplices decided to try to rob passing vehicles on a bridge with a sawed off shotgun. He ratted out the rest of the operation in an attempt to get a plea bargain.

Quick Reply: So I got the full story from the cop that recovered my bike...